Why won't my phone turn on? This is the last time I'm seeking help and then I'm cancelling my service. I'm fed up and I don't fed up that easily.
StylishHokie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I installed some app that was on the Google Play store and now my phone is screwed up.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why won't my phone turn on? This is the last time I'm seeking help and then I'm cancelling my service. I'm fed up and I don't fed up that easily.
Snn5
Legend
  1. Ensure the device is powered off.
  2. Press and hold the Power button until the Motorola logo appears then release.
  3. With the Motorola logo onscreen, press and hold the Volume down button.
  4. Continue to hold the Volume down button until Safe Mode appears in the lower left of the screen then release.
    Note This may take up to a minute or more.

IF Safe mode does not work, try the following:

Perform a Factory Data Reset (Device Powered Off) DROID RAZR HD RAZR MAXX HD by MOTOROLA | Verizon W...

View solution in original post

Re: Why won't my phone turn on? This is the last time I'm seeking help and then I'm cancelling my service. I'm fed up and I don't fed up that easily.
Snn5
Legend

What phone do you have and what app did you install and have you held down the power button for up to a minute yet?

0 Likes
StylishHokie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an Android Razr Maxx HD and this was the app I installed before my phone shut off. DU Speed Booster丨Cache Cleaner - Android Apps on Google Play I've held down the power button, but it gets stuck at the Motorola logo.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Have you have tried Safe Mode by doing the following?  I don't see that software making your phone unresponsive, as it does not have access to clean any system file or folder that is needed to operate the phone properly.  It boosts by closing processes, but does not make any changes to the system.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend
  1. Ensure the device is powered off.
  2. Press and hold the Power button until the Motorola logo appears then release.
  3. With the Motorola logo onscreen, press and hold the Volume down button.
  4. Continue to hold the Volume down button until Safe Mode appears in the lower left of the screen then release.
    Note This may take up to a minute or more.

IF Safe mode does not work, try the following:

Perform a Factory Data Reset (Device Powered Off) DROID RAZR HD RAZR MAXX HD by MOTOROLA | Verizon W...

StylishHokie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've tried that, but Safe Mode won't boot up. How long do I have to hold it for?

0 Likes
StylishHokie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think it was some advertisement that just resembled that application. This application definitely has something to do with my phone not turning back on.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend
0 Likes
StylishHokie
Enthusiast - Level 2

What is the estimated time frame for the phone to come back on after I reboot it?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

My Razr Maxx took all of 2 sec to turn on and 30 seconds to fully boot.

0 Likes