Wi-Fi bug after upgrading Galaxy Note 2 to 4.1.2
Panawiz
Enthusiast - Level 1

After upgrading to 4.1.2, my Galaxy Note 2 refuses to connect to 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi routers, unless I am within 2 feet away from the router. Connection to 5GHz band is fine, but with the typical limited range.

I am getting "Authentication error" if the distance from the router is more than 2ft. Nearby routers that used to work fine, are now "out of range".

I changed the "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" to "Never" and rebooted, as suggested on Samsung's site.

This problem is well documented on the Internet. If found this "fix" on the internet:

Dial *#22745927 to enable hidden menu...press back...then dial *#197328640#  press MENU, select Wi-Fi and disable "wi-fi power save".

However, it did not solve the Wi-Fi problem.

HELP!   What should I do?   Is there a workaround until next software update fixes it?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wi-Fi bug after upgrading Galaxy Note 2 to 4.1.2
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out to us, Panawiz. As you mentioned, several customers have mentioned this and Samsung has been notified. From what I understand, a software update is in the works, but no word just yet as to when it will be complete and sent to the the Note 2.
For the time being, we just have to stay close by.

Tamara_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Panawiz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello Tamara_VZW

FOR THE TIME BEING, i CAN ONLY USE 4G FOR DATA...

There must be an intermediate patch for customers experiencing the bug. A complete new software upgrade is probably months away...

Please check with your supervisor.

BTW: Samsung defers all issues to the network provider, to you Verizon....

0 Likes
iamtgo3

>Duplicate post deleted to comply with VZW ToS. Please follow this post at the link below<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator><

0 Likes