Wi-Fi reception
SKYHAWK36

At my router I have 54 MBs but in another room I get from 2 to 12 MBs.

How can I improve reception?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wi-Fi reception
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What kind of construction is between the router and your phone? Walls, plumbing, electrical, etc all weaken the wifi signal. You might want to consider relocating the router to a more central location or add a repeater or booster to rebroadcast the wifi signal in the location where it is currently weak.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SKYHAWK36

The walls are plaster lathe.

Can't relocate router. It is hard wired to a computer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SKYHAWK36, we want you to enjoy your phone even when connected to Wi-Fi. We're here to help. Are you referring to FiOS service?

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
SKYHAWK36

No.

0 Likes
Not applicable

What kind of router do you have? What is your internet speed package. Also not sure what wi-fi has to do with cell phone service.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend
  • Move router around until you get better signal in the other room. 
  • Buy us a new high end router with multiple antennas for improved reach
  • Tear down a wall in your house.
0 Likes
SKYHAWK36

Westell 327W.

Cell service is okay. Just WIFI very weak downstairs.

I remember it being much stronger a Few months ago. At the router I am at 54. But downstairs it's between 1 and 12.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SKYHAWK36,

Having a great connection is always important. We completely understand wanting the signal to be as strong as possible. If the signal your WiFi router is providing seems to be diminished, I would recommend reachinig out to your WiFi service provider to see if there's something they can do for you. Perhaps they can increase your package speed or provide you a more effective router. Other suggestions folks have made here may also help. Unfortunately, there won't be anything we can do to change the reach or performance of your WiFi service as a cellular provider. We wish you the best.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Not applicable

Ok so you get your internet through Verizon Wireless. That router is older than dirt and is only wireless G. I would upgrade to something newer.