Re: WiFI/Bluetooth Conflict with RAZR Maxx HD Kitkat Update
MaryVFC
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same problem and I don't have Fitbit.

0 Likes
MT14
Enthusiast - Level 2

Duplicate post - please see:

Re: 4.4.2 broke my wi-fi

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
JoDoGo59
Enthusiast - Level 1

This KitKat upgrade has been a disaster.  Like others, I cannot get a WiFi connection in my home while Bluetooth is on.  Oddly enough, this is not a problem at work.  Indeed, I have noticed a couple of post in this regard but the problem is not with my home router.  Others have reported this problem and I had no problems with my blue tooth and home router prior to the upgrade.

I have seen one Verizon tech person "throw out" a "solution" of changing two settings and I wonder, "Did you actually try this out?"  Because if you did, you would have discovered that the blue tooth setting doesn't exist and that the WiFi settings suggested did absolutely nothing - not only in my case, but everyone else's in this thread who tried.  So why waste our time with untested/non-existing solutions?!?

I went to the Verizon store and they were clueless about the issue let alone offering a solution and I was kept on hold for a very long time at 611 to solve all of the problems that this update created (not only the aforementioned but also dropped blue connections that existed prior to the upgrade, etc.).  And yet I and others still suffer from many of the same problems.

I do not have FlitBit.  So removing it is not a possibility as others have reported.

Now I see that I am about to go over my data usage because I initially didn't know that I wasn't connected to my home WiFi but rather to 4G.  And sometimes, I don't remember to turn off my blue tooth when I am home.  Does Verizon realizes that they will be opening themselves up to a Class Action lawsuit when they start billing for over-usage of the data plan?!?

I have spent hours of my time trying to resolve these issues that the KitKat upgrade cost me.  When I have an upgrade (and I have had plenty of them) I shouldn't have to expect anything less than a seamless upgrade or at least be warned that things may not work as before or - if I cannot be warned about a possible loss of existing operability - a Restore to Previous OS option.

Verizon provides no help, no solution.  I am wondering whether - after being a loyal Verizon/Bell Atlantic Mobile customer for over 25 years - I have overstayed my welcome.

0 Likes
bilyara
Enthusiast - Level 1

@Pamela   OK. Now what about those of us who don't have Fitbit installed? I've looked through my apps and I honestly can't think of any of my installed apps that may be causing a problem. I've done everything I can think of: unpaired and paired all Bluetooth devices that would conflict with my Wi-Fi. I've chosen "Forget" on my Wi-Fi and reconnected (suggested on another forum). FDR apparently doesn't work (based on experience of other users, so I haven't tried it, and am loathe to do so). BOTTOM LINE: I am STILL having problems when Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are both connected and "active." If both are on, the Bluetooth connection rapidly deteriorates to the point that I maybe have 10-20% (Bluetooth) connectivity. I try to turn off Wi-Fi when I have a Bluetooth connection, but I sometimes forget. As a previous poster mentioned, I, too, do 99% of my updating/syncing/etc. via Wi-Fi to minimize data charges. So if my Bluetooth is connected, all my other data is static (I intentionally have "Sync only via Wi-Fi" (or whatever the wording is) selected. MOTOROLA: Please HELP. VERIZON: Please HELP. GOOGLE: Please HELP. SOMEONE, please HELP!

0 Likes
jwmclean20016
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Tech support gave the same bogus fix as reported here. Switching to wifi frequency 5Ghz only immediately disconnected the wifi reception. AND THERE IS NO "DISABLE WHATEVER IT IS" IN BLUETOOTH SEARCH FOR DEVICES.    It's been weeks now, and not a peep from Verizon. Motorola is/was a Google company.  Hard to believe Google sent an Android update that trashed critical functionalities on their own phones.

Can't wait to see my data bill. You can bet I'll be contesting it. As another respondent said, I've been a Verizon customer since it was Bell Atlantic. Never seen anything like this. Could be time to go.

0 Likes
JoDoGo59
Enthusiast - Level 1

I posted earlier and here is a follow up.

After I wrote an email to the president of Verizon Mr. Daniel Meade on Friday and I received a phone call today (Tuesday morning) from the executive offices.  I was told that it was up to me to contact Motorola.  I disagreed with this approach because:

1.  I am the customer of Verizon not Motorola and Verizon IS the Motorola customer who contracted to provide OS updates.

2.  Many others are experiencing the same issues thus I believe it is incumbent upon Verizon - not only to contact their - vendor but also to act on behalf of their loyal clientele whom they want keep as customers in the future.

Nevertheless, I will be contacted again to be connected with Motorola later today so I will provide an update then.

Meanwhile perhaps, each of Verizon's customers who are experiencing this difficulty should also write to Mr. Mead in order to explain their issue so that the executive officer and the Motorola technical team can hear from all of us.  Right now, I fear that they are putting the onus on me because I am the only voice who has contacted the company president and perhaps they have concluded that my connectivity problems between Blue Tooth and Networking is but an isolated case (even though I sent them a link to this thread).

The email of the Verizon President Daniel Meade is daniel.mead@verizonwireless.com.  While it is OK to be critical just please be respectful and lay out the problems and concerns.  This way, all of our voices will be heard

Good luck to everyone.

jwmclean20016
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks JoDoGo59,

Here's my letter:.

Dear Mr. Meade,

I am one of the thousands of Verizon customers suffering from this glitch. I have been a Verizon Wireless customer since you were Bell Atlantic, and have always been highly satisfied with your service and the response from your technical support.

I have contacted level 2 tech support on two occasions regarding this issue. Both times the techs were professional and responsive. However neither was familiar with this particular problem (hard to fathom given the breadth of the problem), nor could they offer any work-arounds. I was offered assurances that this issue was classified as an important problem and a patch was probably coming from Google soon. So far, there has been nary a peep from Google, Motorola, or Verizon on a pending fix.

This is a serious problem for those of us who travel and for power users. I’m running up against my data ceiling, having to use 4G instead of a WiFi connection. In addition, the 4G data connection is draining my battery very quickly. Of course the main reason most users purchase a Razor Maxx was for the excellent battery life.

Please take all expedient steps in cooperation with Motorola, Google and your excellent technical experts to resolve this situation as soon as humanly possible. An extended period of compromised utility on the Verizon system will significantly impact my company, and may force us to find another carrier. That would be a shame.

I look forward to hearing from you regarding a resolution at your earliest convenience.

0 Likes
jwmclean20016
Enthusiast - Level 2

AMAZING RESPONSE!

I posted a letter to Verizon President Daniel Meade yesterday. (see above)  This afternoon I received a call from a representative of the Executive Escalations department regarding this issue. He was professional, knowledgeable, and ready to help. Although there is no fix as yet, we are assured that they are working the problem, which they believe to be confined to Motorola products. They expect have more information on a fix in a week or so.

I have always been impressed with Bell Atlantic / Verizon tech support. Although it's hard to understand how Google could create a conflict on their own - Motorola - equipment, I was pleased and relieved to see that Verizon isn't simply passing the buck.  Thanks much Verizon.

deadnote3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Welcome to Verizon's special world of update failure. I'm saying VZW- not Samsung, or Google, because I bought my device from them and pay them over $100 a month. So since no VZW reps on this board can answer a question at any level, we will wait...for a fix.

0 Likes
c0r3yz

We're having the same problem on three phones: two Moto X phones and one Razr M. We have FitBit on only one phone, and the issue is happening on all Wifi networks we have tried; home, work, local businesses, etc...  The only way we can get a working wifi connection on any of our phones is to turn off bluetooth, but we use it every day for a variety of things; connecting to Sync in the car, wireless headphones, and my FitBit.

This is especially frustrating right now because I'm at work with no good cell signal at all and I want to stream music while I work.  All I have is my bluetooth headphones... so either I'm connected to wifi OR using my headphones, not both.  Even IF I wanted to burn through my data plan, I would be out of luck due to the poor signal in our building.  I'm completely out of luck here.

What's worse? We're paying over $200 a month and can't even use our damn phones the way we intended to. That's is pretty lame, if you as me.  I hope we get an update on this soon, because this is really out of hand at this point.  I will be writing the president as well, hopefully someone will get an actual fix here soon so we can use the service that we're paying for!

0 Likes