Re: WiFI/Bluetooth Conflict with RAZR Maxx HD Kitkat Update
Aaron80

Just wanted to pin my name on the wall of having this same issue, and I do not have FitBit.

0 Likes
14stewfan

I am adding my name to the list. I have a Droid Razr Hd and I am a Long time VZ customer and since update  I cant have Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on at the same time. Also my battery life is drained really fast and never did that before update. Called VZ tech two weeks ago and I did all the usual steps like everyone else and it came down to waiting for Motorola to put out another update to fix the problem. This is frustrating and I will give another week before I switch carriers. I have 4 family smart phones and I will take my business elsewhere.

0 Likes
jwmclean20016
Enthusiast - Level 2

Result from Verizon executive relations was not what I expected, but was entirely satisfactory. They informed me that after running numerous tests on various Moto Razr Maxx HD phones, they determined that the problem was specific to only certain units of that model.

They gave me two options, they will replace my phone with another HD Maxx, which will not suffer from that glitch, or I can upgrade my phone ahead of schedule. Neither solution is as clean as just fixing the glitch, but I'm pretty happy with the way they actually addressed the problem instead of repeating bogus fixes or work-arounds.

Hope this information helps others with the same issue.

bilyara
Enthusiast - Level 1

As posted earlier in this thread, I have a Razr Maxx HD with this problem. Assuming I wanted to avail myself of either option, on what authority can I make the exchange? Could you either share a copy of the email or a contact? Thanks much.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX HD on Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
bilyara
Enthusiast - Level 1

OK. Just an update in the FWIW category: Verizon reps (via phone) know about this problem. I described my issues, and the rep asked me a series of stock questions to ascertain that I qualified for a replacement phone. I did ... received the phone ... activated it ... loaded all my stuff ... upgraded it to KitKat (had to do it manually ... thought it might come with it, but didn't) ... that went fine ... did a bunch of work (including a lot of wi-fi) ... left wi-fi on ... held my breath ... started Bluetooth ... worked flawlessly. Needless to say, I'm extremely pleased that Verizon (after a stuttering start) finally took ownership of the problem. Kudos ... and I remain a loyal, happy Verizon wireless customer.

0 Likes
Gatch

My wife and I are both having the same wifi/bluetooth problems. I didn't know about it until I got a notification on my phone that I had used 75% of my monthly data and the month wasn't half over yet.  This  wifi/bluetooth connectivity issue is unacceptable!  I wish I had never upgraded to kitkat!

0 Likes
jwmclean20016
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am late in posting my experience, so for those of you who replied, I'm sorry. After writing to the president of Verizon I got a call the next day from his office. The gentlemen admitted the problem and asked to investigate. After a couple of days he called me back, reporting that he had personally tried to duplicate the problem on no fewer than 10 Droid RAZR HD Max phones. He admitted there were many folks having the problem, but said Verizon believes it's only a problem with a small percentage for this model.  In addition to increasing my data allowance, he offered me two choices: either send a replacement Droid RAZR or bump my replacement date up. I chose the latter, got a Moto Maxx, migrated over with no problem and am very pleased.

Verizon treated me like a valued customer, took responsibility for the problem and resolved it to my satisfaction. Can't ask for more than that.

0 Likes
Joelbk

I'm experiencing the same issue, i first replaced my phone with Assurion assuming my phone was broken, i paid $100 deductible now the new phone arrived and of course I'm having the same issues again, i finally googled it and found the whole mess Verizon put us through, i called Verizon and they said since its an Assurion phone they cannot assist me.... HATE YOU VERIZON! how can you do this to your customers??? you acknowledge that YOUR software is the fault but you still giving me the run around, I've kindly asked you to waive the extra data charges incurred in last 2 months but you declined because its Assurion's phone! not to mention the endless hours i wasted trying to troubleshoot the phone, the home & business routers etc. Horrible horrible customer service, thanks god there are other carriers around, we are a plan of five seriously re-considering Verizon as our wireless carrier.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Joelbk, we want to get back to that happy place with you. Software updates are sent to your device to fix minor/major issues and to improve the performance of your phone. Have you hard reset your device yet since retrieving the software update? http://vz.to/1oSClux However, if you continue to have issues on your insurance replacement device then we recommend that you contact Asurion directly at 888-881-2622 since your device is covered under a one year manufacturer warranty.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Joelbk

LasinaH, thanks for the reply, obviously you are not following the thread here, let me clarify it to you, the problem here is the SOFTWARE not hardware, Verizon is responsible for the software and Assurion is insuring the hardware only not software! Assurion can empty their entire inventory to replace my phone and the problem will still NOT be resolved! this is completely a Verizon issue, please please please either fix it, or grant free unlimited data for affected customers or offer different devices free of charge.

0 Likes