Wife's Bandwidth Higher from Verizon than Shown on her Phone
wa_desert_rat

We are both on one plan. Our bandwidth usage is normaly extremely low but last week we got a notice that we had used 3/4 of our monthly bandwidth. Both of us checked our phones and data shows very little... under 1gb for the two of us. But going to My Verizon it shows that we are at 83% of our 4gb limit and that most of it is her phone. We cannot account for this huge increase in bandwidth since she is always on WiFi when she's home and at work does not do much. My router is a Mikrotik and I can graph bandwidth and I don't see any huge bandwidth usage on the WiFI side either.

Any ideas.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wife's Bandwidth Higher from Verizon than Shown on her Phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wa_deset_rat, that is very strange. Let's work together to find out what is causing this. What is the make/model of the phone? Any recent application that was install prior to this?
ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
wa_desert_rat

We both have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. I put a bw monitor on her phone that shows up and down stream data and then took off "weatherbug" and "washington DOT" and the bandwidth used on MyVerizon has not incrmented over the past hour. I'm continuing to watch to see if anything changes.

0 Likes
wa_desert_rat

Neither Weatherbug nor the DOT app were recent, however. Both were on a previous phone and transferred to the Note 3 when she got that last year.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wa_desert_rat, thank you for checking that. Let's keep digging. When you are looking at the usage, where are you looking at? To see the usage on the phone, Settings>Data usage. The date needs to be correct on the phone to reflect the same dates on the bill cycle to get the most accurate information.
ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If you are using the built in meter it isn't always correct there have been numerous times I have seen it not show apps usages.

For example last month the meter didn't show my Facebook usage even though I know it was a data hog. Verizon said I used 12.5 GB but the phone showed 7.3GB. Some times it doesn't show my Hulu usage and such.  When I used a different meter app it was somewhat the same. I ended up using both apps and tallied them up and it showed Verizon was correct by 2-3MB.

0 Likes
wa_desert_rat

Hi... yes I realize that the built-in BW measuring is not accurate. I'm looking at MyVerizon's data plus watching a separate app plus watching my WiFi router. Smiley Happy

Her bandwidth has incremented 0.002 gb since last night at 1800 PDT.

I'm turning off her WiFi and asking her to refrain from actually using her Note 3 for the next couple of hours to see if it suddenly starts sending data across the cell phone link.

I'll let you know. Smiley Happy

0 Likes