Wifi but no internet. Galaxy S5
opiechick
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Galaxy S5 running on lollipop 5.0.

At home I am only able to access internet on the wifi if I first turn on airplane mode then wifi.  This however doesn't allow me to receive texts or phone calls.

All other devices have no problems accessing internet just the S5

I have tried everything I could think of,

Hard reset of phone

reset of router/modem

Battery pull

safe mode

forget wifi connection and reconnect.

I'm at my wits end.  Any suggestions are welcome!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wifi but no internet. Galaxy S5
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hello opiechick!

I'm sorry to hear about the WiFi issues you're experiencing with your Galaxy S5. Let's see what we can do to help correct this. Just to clarify, you mentioned that you did a Hard Reset of the phone. When you did this reset, did everything on your device get erased?

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
opiechick
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did a hard reset about a week after the update because all other avenues had failed.  Yes all data was erased.  It did not solve the issue.  Also my battery drains amazingly fast even when not in use.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi opiechick!

I'm so sorry you're having issues with your S5. Let's see what we can do to fix this. Samsung has released a software patch for the S5 to correct these issues. Is this something that your device has received? Just go to apps/settings/system updates. You can try and pull it manually from the device.

I hope this helps!

ChristinaB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
opiechick
Enthusiast - Level 2

The last update I received was G900VVRU1BOC4

Is this the update from samsung?  It didn't fix anything.  I find it very strange that my wifi works perfectly good if I am in airplane mode which leads me to believe it is a problem with the data/4G transmissions.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I appreciate you taking the time to follow up. I apologize that you did not see improvement after the most recent update. When you have an opportunity, please check to see if the smart network switch is enabled. ( Settings > Wi-Fi > Menu (3 dots) > Advanced > Smart network switch) If so, please turn off.

YosefT_VZW

0 Likes