Wifi connection issues
Gallm259
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am unable to connect to my home wifi with my Samsung J36V.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wifi connection issues
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What are the issues you are having?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

when i changed from a cisco to netgear router, i could no longer hide ssid & connect.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to address this issue and explore ways to resolve it, Gallm259. We first need to confirm your device model as we do not carry a Samsung J36V. Are you referring to the Samsung J3V?
When was the last time you were able to connect to WiFi with your device?
Do you see a specific error on your screen when you try to connect?
Is there any physical or water damage to your device?

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

What brand of router do you have?

0 Likes
Gallm259
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you all for responding.  After several days of trying different things and talking to a tech, I nearly tried a factory reset.  I ended up finding under a different security setting that my home wifi was being blocked somehow.  I changed that and the phone is now connected without issues.

The only other problem is the email has not worked properly since I updated my phone.  That's minor though.  Maybe the next update will fix that one. 

Again, thank you all and have a great new year.

bearone21
Legend

glad you figured it out!!!

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I don't know if you are having the same problem that others are saying about their email

but one of the suggestions is to disable the web viewer app. Some have said that this helped their problem after they received the update

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gallm259, we are happy to hear the issue you were having with your Wi-Fi connection is resolved. Having a working email account is a must. What specific issues are you having with your email account? What email account are you having issues with? I am confident that we can resolve the email issue you're experiencing. -JacobV_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DEERHIDEMOM

What was the other security setting? I am having the same problem.

0 Likes