Wifi connection problem
dogtired10

My Samsung S4 has wifi enabled.  When at a home I have been to several times and previously been on their wifi, now it doesn't connect.  When I click on it I cannot hit the "connect" button after re-entering the password.  I can enter the password but the connect button is grayed out.  I have no idea what the problem is and this is happening at 2 different people's homes who are using wifi when I am there.  Help - I'm not tech savvy and have no idea how to fix this.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wifi connection problem
tbo27
Master - Level 2

Pull the battery and retry. If still grayed out you may be looking at a factory data reset after full backup first

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you "saved" the connection, it may already be auto connected.  I know my Galaxy remembers several local spots and homes, when I get in range, the phone automatically connects to the wifi.  I don't have to do anything.

0 Likes
dogtired10

It isn't connecting.  It recognizes the the connection but I cannot re-enter the password as the "connect" button is grayed out.  I took the battery out and that didn't work either.  I'm afraid to do a factory reset and lose content on my phone.  I'm not sure how to back up everything either.  My wifi works at home but not at my friends house anymore.  Very frustrating.  I don't know what to do other than go to a verizon store to have someone there help me. 

0 Likes
68bucks

This is an old thread but I have this issue on my S5. What I discovered is that once you enter enough characters in the password field the connect option is available. My problem is the network I want to connect to has a 6 digit password so the connect option never becomes available. Does anybody have a workaround or other suggestion?

0 Likes