Wifi not connecting to router once i connect to another wifi signal
serigraph73

Recently got the s5 Galaxy. Got it hooked up to my wifi at home, no problem. Smart network switch is turned OFF. I went to my job with the new phone, connected to their wifi with no issues. Came home with no issues. This was fine for days until i went to a restaurant and connected to an available wifi signal while there. Got home, and my phone would not connect to my wifi. It would see my router and give me the option to connect and then drop as soon as i tried. I ended up having to restart my router for my phone to be able to connect to my home wifi. I went to work the next day and my phone connected fine at work (automatically). I got home and again, my phone would not connect to my home wifi. I had to restart the router for it to work. I do not want to have to do this every single day. I was an iphone user for 5 years. Just recently made the switch and wish I would have never done it....Seriously contemplating returning the galaxy and pay more per month for an iphone....can anyone please save my sanity and help me? thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wifi not connecting to router once i connect to another wifi signal
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hello Serigraph73
Thanks for reaching out. We want you to love your S5 and never want you to be upset? What software version are you running? Did this start after an application was downloaded? Has your device recently upgraded software?

I look forward to hearing from you and getting this addressed.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
serigraph73

I am running the latest Lolipop OS. I have downloaded many apps. I have had the phone for less than 2 weeks, so I have been putting apps on it. I have not put Jawbone UP or MacAfee Mobile Security on my phone, which i have read have caused wifi issues. As stated in my initial post, I noticed the problem after i connected to a wifi signal at a restaurant, and then came home.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you remove the restaurant wifi from your list of available connections? (FORGET the restaurant wifi connection?)  That may be (somehow) conflicting with your home wifi.

0 Likes