Will Family Base work if kids don't have Marshmallow but parent does?
gardengal021

Just learned about Family Base and wanted to start using it but I'm discouraged to find out in the FAQ that the "companion app" is not compatible with Android Marshmallow.  I have Marshmallow on my phone, but kids' phones are older and do not have Marshmallow. Just what is the  "companion app"? Is it what is installed on the kids' phones, or is that on the parent phone as well?  Will I be able to get Family Base to work as long as my kids' phones don't have Marshmallow even if mine does? Or perhaps is it possible use Family Base from a web site but perhaps not from my phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Will Family Base work if kids don't have Marshmallow but parent does?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Family Base will definitely work in regards to data limits. The companion app is not needed for the main purpose of the service to function correctly. TylerK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Family Base will definitely work in regards to data limits. The companion app is not needed for the main purpose of the service to function correctly. TylerK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

I would take a serious look at Life 360 on the app store.  You can get a free version or the paid version.  Paid version is 2.99 a month and will work on a cross platform of phones.  The parent can have an iPhone and the child an Android, or 2 different androids with different OS's on them.  Life 360 is extremely reliable (more reliable then Family Base ever was when I had it years ago) and is very light on phone resources.  Check it out, you have nothing to lose and peace of mind to gain

0 Likes