Will I be able to get the Nexus One with a 1 year contract when it is available on Verizon?
KittenMittens

I'll be eligible for an upgrade mid-April, and I decided this year I am going to get a one year contract instead of a 2 year this time around. I noticed that Verizon generally charges an extra $70 for a phone with a 1 year contract instead of a 2 year contract, which I think is definitely worth it. I have been hearing that the Nexus One won't be sold at Verizon stores, and will only be available on Google's online store, does anyone know if it's true? From what I've noticed the only contract pricing currently offered is on T-Mobile with a 2 year contract, there is no option for a 1 year contract. Is that because T-Mobile doesn't offer 1 year contracts or is that because Google doesn't?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Will I be able to get the Nexus One with a 1 year contract when it is available on Verizon?
seabright
Contributor - Level 1

As the phone hasn't been released yet, there is no official, definitive information about how it will be sold, how much it will cost or who will be providing tech support. Any answers anyone gives you here will be pure speculation. When the phone is released, you should be able to find this out. And, as you're not eligible to upgrade until April, you can afford to wait for the answer.

Best of luck.

0 Likes
Re: Will I be able to get the Nexus One with a 1 year contract when it is available on Verizon?
Newtogoogle
On the Google.com/phone site you have to sign i new two with t mobile to get it. The only two things they offer it a 2 year 80 dollar plan that normally cost 60 but they want the extra 20 and to buy the phone unlocked for 530. So hopefully they will fix all of that stuff before it comes out if you dont want to deal with Google.com/phone to buy it check out the: http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/07/htc-incredible-caught-on-video-rocking-snapdragon-android-2-1-w/
0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Newtogoogle wrote:
On the Google.com/phone site you have to sign i new two with t mobile to get it. The only two things they offer it a 2 year 80 dollar plan that normally cost 60 but they want the extra 20 and to buy the phone unlocked for 530. So hopefully they will fix all of that stuff before it comes out if you dont want to deal with Google.com/phone to buy it check out the: http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/07/htc-incredible-caught-on-video-rocking-snapdragon-android-2-1-w/

The plan is more because the data plan is required for Android phones. If you were to build a similar plan with the G1 or MyTouch on T Mobile's website the price would be the same.

0 Likes
Newtogoogle
0 Likes