Will SM-G900K (Galaxy S5) work on Verizon?
GregVerzn

I see the specs on Verizon for the S5:

LTE Band 13/4 (700/1700 MHz), CDMA/1xEVDO Rev. A (800/1900 MHz); Global - EDGE/GSM (850/900/1800/1900), HSPA/UMTS(850/900/1900/2100)

Here are the specs that I found for the G900K:

GSM900, GSM1800, GSM1900, UMTS850 (B5), UMTS1900 (B2), UMTS2100 (B1)

GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSDPA, HSUPA, HSPA+

LTE700 (B17), LTE1800 (B3), LTE2600 (B7), LTE900 (B8)

LTE, LTE-A

It looks like some of the band freqs match but not exactly with the LTE and GSM.  Will that be a problem?  Can I still use the G900K on Verizon if I get a Verizon SIM card?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Will SM-G900K (Galaxy S5) work on Verizon?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GregVerzn,

Great question! We can only guarantee that VZW branded devices will work on our services. While many of your 4G devices are not GSM compatible VZW works on the CDMA network.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That phone is incompatible with the VZW network. It doesn't even have the CDMA radios for the voice network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
firesafetybear
Contributor - Level 3

No phones will work on Verizon unless they're sold directly from them. Besides the iPhone.

Now on the other hand, all phones sold on Verizon will work on other carriers.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Incorrect. Phones sold by Best Buy, Walmarts, Costco, Radio Shack, Target, etc. Will work on Verizon networks as long as they are branded to Verizon.

And phones on Verizon are not comparable on any other carrier in the USA but may be usable outside the country.

Phones like iphones will work on AT&T or T-Mobile with LIMITED function.

Its always best to research your answer prior to answering.

firesafetybear
Contributor - Level 3

LOL - this guy. Phones on Verizon are unlocked and will work on ATT and T-Mobile. They won't get LTE but will get HSPA+ and a lot of other functions.

I obviously didn't mean just Verizon, but for the slow folks, I'll reword it. Only phones advertised to work on Verizon, and listed on Verizons site will work on their network. Not like other carriers where you can go anywhere, buy the phone, and it will work.

0 Likes
Not applicable

LOL yourself.

You were wrong. Just say sorry and get on with your life. I am wrong on occasion after all the years I have been helping here.

And phones on Verizon are not unlocked for other USA carriers. They are unlocked for international use.

No one wants to have a sub par phone on any carrier to just hope it works.

Eventually yes they may all work. But right now they do not.

0 Likes
Not applicable

[Quote]

Not like other carriers where you can go anywhere, buy the phone, and it will work.

[/Quote]

Sorry I forgot to answer this part. Phones from other carriers like T-Mobile or AT&T also do not function (GSM). Sprint although a CDMA carrier does not work at all on any carrier.

Reason being is MONEY. All the carriers want customers to use their branded devices. Can you blame them?