Re: Will Verizon ever get Samsung Galaxy s6 active
nealf_2000
Enthusiast - Level 3

The S6 Active is exclusive to ATT.  ATT has less than 10% of the global smartphone market.  Your number would be impossible.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Droid Turbo is water resistant.

I am just saying, in my experience in the field for 5 years, nobody specifically asked for water resistant phones. When the S5 came out I sold about 500 of them and and had 1 person ask for the S5 Active.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Make up your mind... Globally or just AT&T?  Cause right now you area always flipflopping to try and prove Verizon needs it to carry it.

My numbers are not impossible.  Samsung has to sell what they ship out to hit your numbers if they don't do then they didn't meet what you claim...

Anyway have fun...  in 3 months if they are not sold out then it'll never happen even on AT&T.  Ever 5 S6 sold there will have to be an Active sold, and we all know that isn't going to happen.

0 Likes
nealf_2000
Enthusiast - Level 3

I never predicted the mathematically impossible.

I already said  percent of sales by carriers that offer both the Active and regular S series.  So that would be in proportion to total ATT S6 sales.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Which I pointed out is incorrect with simple math. In order for the proportion you outlined for AT&T the total number of S5 and S4 sold were 6700 based on what the AT&T total reviews posted. We all know AT&T sold more than that

Anyway it doesn't matter in 3 months if they don't sell out and they release their actual numbers it'll be less than 10%.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You post a prediction based on what Samsung said.  Like I told you after you did that.  It's a prediction on how much they'll ship out, and not actually sell.  If you looked it up and read those articles eventually you'll find their sales numbers and how far off they are, but that won't matter because you will stick to what you believe even if the numbers you find tells you otherwise.

0 Likes
nealf_2000
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've found that BestBuy.com allows one to sort results by "best selling." BestBuy is a very large retailer, so their sales are representative of larger AT&T market trends.

Try the following. 

1) Go to BestBuy.com

2) go the "cellphone with contract"

3) select "filters" and select AT&T phones and hit apply.

4) select sort by "best selling"

You will find the S6 Active in grey is number 12 out of 104.  This is ahead of:

-IPhone plus 16 gb space grey

-Galaxy S6 Edge 32 gb gold and platinum

-iPhone 6 plus 64 gb in silver

-All versions of the LG G4

Many people want this phone.  The sales are not abysmal.  Therer is a  viable market for the Active. Until you can  show a source of actual unit sales numbers for the S6 Active, I'm  through with this discussion.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

So then switch to AT&T if you think it is such a great device. I am sure they would live to have you.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You understand that "best selling" option doesn't take into account all sales right from the point the device goes on sale right?  A recently added device tends to hit the top 10 then taper offer off. Next month the Active will not be even in the top 25 just watch.  Now if the Active is doing better than the Note 4 then why isn't it sold out? The Note 4 sold out the first few weeks of it going on all on ALL venues not just best buy.

I'll wait for the actual numbers from Samsung, and not marketing tactics from Best Buy

0 Likes
SanRafaelDad
Enthusiast - Level 3

nealf_2000

Verizon is getting the Sony Z4V.  It is as just as rugged as the S6 Active with premium performance equal to the S6.  It is probably Sony's best phone ever.

Sony Xperia Z4v | Verizon Wireless

Sony Xperia Z4v - Full phone specifications

0 Likes