Re: Will Verizon ever get Samsung Galaxy s6 active
nealf_2000
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon is getting the Sony Z4V.

Great!  So there is demand for ruggedized phones!.  I hope Verizon will give it's consumers the option to also buy a Verizon variant of the S6 Active, because consumers want these features is they don't have to settle for poor performance.

0 Likes
Gotin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Garbage,  I have the s5 active from Verizon and I bet the s6 active is coming.  I belive it was 6 months longer wait for the s5 active

audiophizile
Enthusiast - Level 3

The 810 chip is a known problem, worse camera, and not shock resistant therefore not as rugged... I want a 64gb or 128gb s6 active. I've been off contract since February waiting for the s6 active. If it doesn't come to Verizon I may go to att

0 Likes
nealf_2000
Enthusiast - Level 3

Gotin,

I'm with you.  I would love to buy an S6 Active variant on Verizon.

What I have been saying all along is that there is a demand for ruggedized phones, especially if consumers don't have to choose between rugged features and performance (processor, screen, camera. Memory).

0 Likes
Gotin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know what you are saying.  Last year I waited at Verizon for the s5 active and it came.  My assumption is history will repeat with the s6 active

0 Likes
SanRafaelDad
Enthusiast - Level 3

Gotin  Did you get an unlocked S5 Active or did you buy it through Verizon?  Verizon says they never sold it.  On their website, you can buy the S4, S5, S6, but not the active for any of them.

Dhawken
Enthusiast - Level 2

All the comparisons of s5 vs s5 active sales are moot in this situation.  The s5 was water and dust proof already, the s6 is not.  The s5 and s5 active battery comparisons were similar, the s6 and s6 active are not.  We're not just talking a "ruggedized" phone, we're talking one that has substantially more battery and is waterproof at the cost of memory options.   Hardly apples to apples.  I for one don't want a "ruggedized" phone in the traditional sense, but would get the s6 active on Verizon in a heartbeat.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Except. We have to question why Samsung made the S6 not water and dust proof already like the S5. Then we have to question why they made the battery so much bigger. Me? I don't want to be loyal to a brand that does something like Samsung did. Plus they took away the removable battery and expandable memory.

0 Likes
Gotin
Enthusiast - Level 2

No I got it straight from Verizon

Gotin
Enthusiast - Level 2

As far as I know the S5 active was the only water and dust proof S5.  That is why I waited for it...

0 Likes