Re: Will Verizon ever get Samsung Galaxy s6 active
B33
Legend

I like the the New Samsung Edge + might have to get one)  but it would be nice if Verizon would stock the Active Model.. 

0 Likes
kameroncole

I'd like to keep this post updated.  It may be getting closer to the time when they would adopt the S6 active.  If I weren't bound to Verizon by my corporate contract, I would just drop them.

I have had a Lifeproof case - actually a number of them.  They are not lifeproof by any means.  Plus they are inconvenient, and add size.  However, according to their "specs" the lifeproof beats the S6 for "toughness"

S6:

- IP68 certified - dust and water resistant up to 1.5 meter and 30 minutes

- MIL-STD-810G certified - salt, dust, humidity, rain, vibration, solar radiation, transport and thermal shock resistant

lifeproof

Operational Depth

6.6 feet / 2 meters underwater for 1 hour

Drop Height

6.6 feet / 2 meters

Materials

Polycarbonate, Polypropylene, Synthetic Rubber & Silicone

The other "issue" is that Verizon has only a limited range of IMEI, so you can't even just buy your own S6 active, and help them out!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

This thread is pointless, so why keep it going?   ATT has a little side deal with Samsung to make the active version just for them.   (You don't see them selling the Droid Turbo do you?)

They can be purchased and unlocked for use with other GSM carriers (however, they will never get software updates).  They will NOT be made for Verizon, which is a CDMA carrier.  They won't work on Verizon or Sprint EVER.

There are enough posts on ATT reporting broken Actives to make the claims of dust, water and impact seem inflated

SO either put a good case and screen protector on a regular S6. Or a case on the new Turbo with shatter proof screen.   (I'm a Samsung junkie myself, but I just got my son the Nexus 6P, which blows everything out of the water)

alexitos4u

I would love to get my hands on the s6 active in the dark green camouflage ! love the look

as a matter of fact all my guy friends love the military look of the phone two went over to at&t just for it.

If Verizon gets smart and gets the new S7 Active that's coming then I'm staying with Verizon

if not I'm going to At&t ...I love that look and functionality of the phone.

GET IT VERIZON... ITS DEFINITELY A [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] PHONE !!

0 Likes