Re: Will Verizon get Sony Xperia Z1?
scott21
Contributor - Level 2

I would pick the network any day over a phone. But I to want a sony phone bad.

0 Likes
ColbyT

Yeah a phone is only as good as the network behind it which is Verizon's strong suit. Sadly their offering of Phones is pretty poor. They do have some carrier flagships devices but they almost always take several month longer to arrive on Verizon than they do on all the others. It is also getting to the point where the carriers are fairly even anyway. Verizon still has the best coverage but not by nearly as large a margin as before. I don't think it will be much longer until the carriers offer pretty much the same coverage and then it really will be down to the price and the phones which are both major weaknesses of Verizon.

0 Likes
scott21
Contributor - Level 2

I agree the z1s on tmobile is very nice, one phone i want is the sony z1. On other carriers catching up its true t-mobile year ago zero coverage here now we have LTE .

0 Likes
TMO89
Contributor - Level 1

No. The better question is, will Verizon ever sell the Xperia Z line of handsets at all.......?

0 Likes
Will Verizon get Sony Xperia Z1?
Tidbits
Legend

probably not as Sony doesn't make the Z line in CDMA versions not even for China and India.  They have been sticking to mostly GSM.

0 Likes
KeyWestReactor
Contributor - Level 1

Well they DID eventually bring out the z2 -- but since Sony had the z3 out by then, Verizon renamed their version of the z2 to "z3v" to completely confuse the situation.  And now, after announcing they'd put out the z4 (correctly calling their version a "z4v") in Summer of 2015, the Summer is over and they've gone silent on the issue (won't answer anybody's questions about the status of their promised machines).  Siiiiiigh....

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Probably because Sony rolled out the Z5 and advertising the Z5, and possibly talking to Sony to get the Z5. Not low level rep can answer your questions about these devices.  That's why there is no answer and no response.

0 Likes