Re: Will Verizon support Samsung Pay?
Sparky13
Enthusiast - Level 3

Message to Verizon... You've got a lot of customers who have dealt with slow updates and disabled manufacturer features for years, but if you choose to disable Samsung Pay it will be the last straw for many of us!  Every other major carrier is on board.  There's no excuse for you not to support it!

0 Likes
gjensen
Enthusiast - Level 1

So if verizon wont activate a part of the phone that I paid for do I get a refund on my device? Seems like a logical request since they blatantly lied about the devices capabilities.

rcschnoor
Legend

gjensen wrote:

So if verizon wont activate a part of the phone that I paid for do I get a refund on my device? Seems like a logical request since they blatantly lied about the devices capabilities.

I wasn't aware Verizon was advertising Samsung Pay? Samsung maybe, but not Verizon.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Neither Verizon nor Samsung advertised the Verizon version of any Samsung as being Samsung Pay-compatible thus far.  As I have learned, it's all about what is advertised, as opposed to not advertised AND not listed on a features page, not what is "possible" but yet to be confirmed.

0 Likes
tony_sp
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon sells these phones which many of us bought because they would support Samsung pay. Now Verizon may not support Samsung pay? That, in my opinion, amounts to FRAUD on Verizon's part. Verizon should be under investigation to find out what's going on here.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Send a complaint the the FTC. They'll toss it out because not once has Verizon said it would be support and Samsung themselves has a disclaimer what will and won't work. Anyway Samsung pay is more limited in card selection than Softcard was and Google Wallet was as well. Currently I am using Samsung Pay beta. Right now I am back to Google wallet simply because I can't add no cards to pay.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I received word from my bank that all cards are moving toward smart chip and signature.  Maybe magnetic swiping days are numbered.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I already have one of those fancy cards. It looks like a SIM card embedded in the credit card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

That's what I thought as well when I saw mine.  I have seen these types of cards for a while now.  I suppose they will become more prevalent.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Snn5 wrote:

I received word from my bank that all cards are moving toward smart chip and signature.  Maybe magnetic swiping days are numbered.

Yes we are moving in that direction, but adoption of wallet and such will be a problem.  If Pay stays as it is right now there is no point I might as well use my cards instead of waiting them to support more cards.  Google at least make a fake card and just charges you(how they get more card support). 

0 Likes