Re: Will Verizon support Samsung Pay?
ACVrzn

I am a new Verizon customer and I am getting very disappointed with Verizon already. Samsung Pay is a great service that I never thought a company like Verizon will block.

The more this Samsung Pay fiasco lingers the more it will affect Verizon business, future customers, and present customers. They spend several million of dollars in marginally marketing and they totally screw up in this kinds of basic technologies issues. They are dumping money in the toilet because whatever good marketing they were doing/having, they are losing their gains big time and are getting heavily damaged by all this retarded publicity.

Samsung Pay is brilliant technology and works great for people/businesses.  Now, I feel obligated to say to anybody that asks me about Verizon service/company to really think about getting the Verizon service if they want Samsung Pay, which is a lot of people.

It is easy to damage a company overall view as technical leader, and it is very difficult to recover from all the negative consequences of bad marketing and company technology short-sight.

AT&T and T-Mobile are having a feast knowing that Verizon doesn't want to support Samsung Pay or are not saying it on time, and Verizon is giving their competition this Verizon limitation marketing item on a platter.

Knowing how good Samsung Pay works, I will reconsider keeping my business with Verizon since there is no decent reason for Verizon to block this technology while approving other competition company technologies.

For years, Verizon didn't have the technology to talk and surf the internet at the same time. I thought that was a very mediocre decision by Verizon and forced me to stay several years with their competition.  It seems like they have some difficulty with using common sense practical technologies that people like/need to use.

Normally, I would not be so intense in an issue like this but after months of Verizon not releasing any official straight statement on this issue, and having all kinds of bogus responses from their support, it just creates a very negative/dark cloud and view of their corporate and technical business competence.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

There are so many people who use Samsung because it is the only manufacturer they know other than Apple, and so many more that have never heard of SPay, that this "Thus far lack of support for a product that hasn't launched yet" is probably not going to dent Verizon or Samsung.

0 Likes
TheHammerBro
Enthusiast - Level 3

Got any hard data on that,  I don't know where you draw any of your conclusions from

0 Likes
Loader187
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't think it has anything to do with putting a dent in Verizon.  It has to do with what are you going to lose by leaving it enabled.  Companies are not about making the customer happy anymore unless they are a small company. Verizon knows for every 5 people they lose they get 8 back so why do they care.  It sticks that we get a phone for certain features and they can remove them however I can't directly remove stupid Verizon bloatware that I never use. I dont need space I just don't want to update apps I don't use.

ACVrzn

It is already available in South Korea and it works great..  Not a problem for Samsung because they are the tecnology innovators, it is a dent for Verizon because they are the technology blockers.. and they show a idiotic lack of interest in keeping their users informed of their yrue intentions.. It is a miscalculation, too, by Verizon because a lot of their users are not liking what they are hearing and Verizon PR is not caring and/or not doing anything to clarify...

0 Likes
cav22
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon Wireless Customer Support Samsung Pay is officially live.  Is there any update from Verizon?  Many have expressed their desire to use the application.  Any update would be appreciated so your customers can make an educated decision to stay or to leave myself included.  We do not want to hear about Android Pay, as we are aware of the limited options there at the current time.  Any updated official response to this question?

0 Likes
HenryT2

I just bought a Note 5 and am pretty disappointed that Verizon has chosen to block Samsung Pay for its own nefarious reasons. I'm sure they are trying to squeeze money out of Samsung or make some kind of exclusive arrangement to further benefit their bottom line to the detriment of their customers.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You have proof of that? Samsung is widely known and they have admitted they charge for features and Samsung Pay falls under a feature. Verizon may be wondering if they should buy in or not.

They can't go exclusive already as there are already multiple carriers signed on.

0 Likes
Mdavis6537

Any updates Verizon? Official launch tomorrow. There is still time! Dont let your customers down.

0 Likes
TheHammerBro
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon hasn't come out with anything, but we may have a work around:

Samsung Pay working on Verizon Galaxy Note 5!!! - YouTube

Both the Apk AND the Framework are required to get it running:

Samsung Pay_1.3.2116.apk

Samsung Pay Framework_01.16.0002.apk