Will Verizon work with the Sony Xperia Z5?
ebe3692

Wondering if there is going to be a CDMA version of the Z5 that will work with verizon

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Will Verizon work with the Sony Xperia Z5?
Tidbits
Legend

Without all spectrum support from CDMA to GSM the answer is no. The most important band is band 13 for LTE. If it isn't there then it will never authenticate.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Senson32

*bump*

I would also like to know the answer to this as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out to us and at this moment the device is not compatible with our network. You can continue checking our website for future availability. http://vz.to/1TQDvZh

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
HankAlways

Ebe,

I too have been wondering this question, and I've yet to get an answer that satisfies. Here's what I've found out, doubt it's any different than what you might already know, but it might help someone else.

1. I was told in the store, by a rep (who works PT in a NOC), that Verizon technically isn't an CDMA network anymore, and they've been full LTE for quite some time.

2. I asked him if an unlocked LTE phone, not issued by VZW would work on VZW LTE. He explained, if it's an LTE phone you should be able to put the VZW sim card in, and the phone should work. He seemed extremely confident in his answer.

3. I looked up LTE bands, etc, and I saw that VZW has 3 assigned 'bands', "13", "4", and "2".

4. Via 'phonescoop dot comm' I was able to determine from the information they have listed, that currently the Z5 does support LTE bands "2" & "4".

Now technically this is all a bunch of mumbo jumbo, and I think the best thing to do would be for somebody to take the risk, purchase the phone and then 'record' a video showing it working. I've been checking the internet daily, hoping somebody will upload a video showing this. I'm confident somebody will do this as there are too many people like us who aren't satisfied with the VZW lineup and are extremely interested in this phone. If I could guarantee I had a backup buyer for the phone after I bought it, I'd gladly take the risk and try it. If you yourself decide to do this, please post a video, that's easy to find.

I think a good time to expect some videos to pop up would be after Xmas, OR maybe even see one in person and ask someone if they'd be willing to let you try putting in a VZW sim.

Good Luck, to us.

H.

0 Likes
ETadrous

Canadian BELL offers CDMA + LTE xperia z5 premium.. if unlocked will it work with Verizon? Im seriously thinking switching companies because you never carry phones people want and always the latest to the game

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want you to consider a move from our wireless family Emad. I understand your desire for a particular phone model, and we would love to have every phone model available for our customer but not all phones have the technology required to be compatible with our superior network. While we cannot guarantee that unlocking a phone would make work with our network, I assure you that any of our currently available phone will provide you with an excellent wireless experience. Please visit this link to review our Smartphones lineup: vzw.com/Smartphones

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Without all spectrum support from CDMA to GSM the answer is no. The most important band is band 13 for LTE. If it isn't there then it will never authenticate.

0 Likes
JoshHill212

Hello, I am very excited about the brand new Xperia Z5, I have Verizon but only ever upgrade my phone with the new Xperia phones. My first smartphone was the Xperia Play with Verizon & I did not upgrade until the Xperia Z3v came out on Verizon. I very much want this Xperia Z5, & if the Xperia Z5 is not on Verizon I will probably end up changing carriers. I like my service with Verizon, but I love Xperia phones & my current XperiaZ3v is getting old & is becoming incompatible with so many new apps & updates. I am asking your company to please find a way to get the Xperia Z5 on Verizon.

0 Likes