Will i be able to use a SIM card from a GSM carrier in my Motorola-Droid-2 if i travel to the caribbean for a 3 months vacation?
kurthalley

Will i be able to use a SIM card from a GSM carrier in my Motorola-Droid-2 if i travel to the caribbean for a 3 months vacation?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Will i be able to use a SIM card from a GSM carrier in my Motorola-Droid-2 if i travel to the caribbean for a 3 months vacation?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The DROID 2 Global phone needs to be SIM unlocked from Verizon Wireless prior to attempting to use a foreign SIM card in it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Will i be able to use a SIM card from a GSM carrier in my Motorola-Droid-2 if i travel to the caribbean for a 3 months vacation?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The DROID 2 Global phone needs to be SIM unlocked from Verizon Wireless prior to attempting to use a foreign SIM card in it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kurthalley

So once Verizon provides me with an unlock code for the device it can be used with any international GSM carriers?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It should be able to use the GSM carriers internationally once unlocked.

0 Likes