Re: Will we ever get unlimited data again?
jefftr40
Enthusiast - Level 1

No I think that a thing of the past.. As well as overcharges. I don't know why I have to keep seeing overcharges on my account.  I got a notice saying I was close the limit of my date usage so I upgraded.  to 30 gig,  I only used 23 plus 6  and still was charge for 8 gig over or 80 dollars overage.  THis has happened before and I had to challenge the charges. This is the third  time I had to contact them for overcharges. I  dont call this customer service, I call it customer screwing.  I don't think this will be here for long.  Before verizon deletes it.

Not applicable

jefftr40 wrote:

No I think that a thing of the past.. As well as overcharges. I don't know why I have to keep seeing overcharges on my account.  I got a notice saying I was close the limit of my date usage so I upgraded.  to 30 gig,  I only used 23 plus 6  and still was charge for 8 gig over or 80 dollars overage.  THis has happened before and I had to challenge the charges. This is the third  time I had to contact them for overcharges. I  dont call this customer service, I call it customer screwing.  I don't think this will be here for long.  Before verizon deletes it.

Because you didn't backdate the data plan. How many times do people have to be told this? This isn't a hard concept people.

Ok say you have a 20 GB plan 3/4 of the way through the month you hit the 20 GB limit. Now if you up it to say 30 GB and you BACKDATE the plan then you get all 30 GB. If you start the plan that day you'll only get 15 GB of the first 20 GB on your original plan because you only used it for 3/4 of a month. So you're already 5 GB over. The rest of the month you'll get 1/4 of 30 GB which would be 7.5 GB. So if you used 10 GB you'd be 2.5 GB over. Absolutely ZERO reason to not choose to backdate the data plan.

0 Likes
charlieandcarter

Hi, I'm new to this forum. Please explain wifi. I'm also an unhappy verizon customer, lousy service and overpriced. But we live out here in the country and we don't have a lot of choices for the internet. But always looking for something new. thanks, charlie

0 Likes
Not applicable

Verizon has great service.  They have the best network in the US.  They are not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

0 Likes
Not applicable

charlieandcarter wrote:

Hi, I'm new to this forum. Please explain wifi. I'm also an unhappy verizon customer, lousy service and overpriced. But we live out here in the country and we don't have a lot of choices for the internet. But always looking for something new. thanks, charlie

well wi-fi won't help you out in the country. Since Verizon mobile data is what you are using to connect to the internet.

Anyway all wi-fi is is a way to connect to an internet connection wirelessly. So for example I have cable internet at home. It's connected to a router. The router allows any device that has a wi-fi radio to connect to my internet connection. Provided they are within a certain distance and in my case the password to my connection. So when I want to use my phone to connect to the intent when I am at home I use wi-fi thus I am using my cable internet connection not Verizon network thus I am not using any of my data cap. Also many places have free wi-fi. McDoanld's for instance. So I would use their wi-fi connection instead of mobile data.

Unfortunately for people that live out in the boonies choices for internet will be few, expensive and come with low caps for the foreseeable future. If you want real internet then you'll ave to move to where it's already at. It's not fair but that's the reality. Maybe in 20 years things will be different. I doubt it though.

0 Likes
Not applicable

It's perfectly fair.  If you want internet, you live where they have internet.  If you want cows, horses, and chickens, you live in the country.  If you want a boat, you live on a lake.  It's all about choices.

charlieandcarter

The Samsung S4 is what AT&T offers. I also have an AT&T cell phone, not as fancy as the Samsung you are referring, but I've always been very happy with At&T. Better service and lower pricing. Waiting for them to bring internet to my area but that may be a long time. In the meantime, I see wifi being discussed here. Maybe someone can explain what it is and how you get it. We're looking for other internet service. thanks, Charlie

0 Likes
charlieandcarter

Thanks for the explanation. Sounds complicated. Is there a web site where they offer this service so we can get more info. We'll have to keep up to date. As technology gets better and time goes on, things will change. We had a local internet company before we moved out here with unlimited connection, pay a monthly fee and get unlimited internet 24 - 7. What a shock now with Verizon. Hardly get any time on the internet at all and get huge bills. Well, I entered this forum to see if anyone knows of any other internet companies. We can also get Excede out here, the only other internet, but they want to drill a hole thru our new carpet and floor and we have to get six trees cut down to get a southwest signal. thanks, Charlies

0 Likes
charlieandcarter

Thank you for your explanation. We will look into wifi. The technology is developing so quickly and new stuff is coming along all the time. We'll keep looking for something better. Must sign out for now but will be back. Charlie

0 Likes
scott21
Contributor - Level 2

I doubt verizon will get rid of Unlimited for ppl who has it for a very long time nice try tho. maybe 2-3 years, You must be one of those people like spread stuff on internet huh ?

0 Likes