With Messenger+ V6.0.6: Group MMS Replies Not coming back to Group Conversation.
JeeperDon93

I've got Android 6 (Marshmallow) with Messenger+ ver 6.0.6 and am dealing with all VZW text targets.  The problem is...

1) I have an ongoing conv with Joe alone (conv #1).

2) I have another ongoing conv with Jane (conv #2).

3) I start a 3rd conv to both Joe and Jane (intending a 3-way group MMS) and send them a message (conv #3).

4) If Joe replies to conv #3, the group msg, my Messenger+ tries to receive it into the Joe Only conv #1, not into group conv #3.

5) Same thing for Jane's reply to #3, is received into conv #2.

6) Worse... their replies that end up in the wrong conv get received as just 'download' buttons.  If I tap 'download' it says 'downloading' forever and nothing comes in.

Note: This all worked fine up to recently, maybe 10 days ago. The three conversations all stayed separate and worked as expected.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: With Messenger+ V6.0.6: Group MMS Replies Not coming back to Group Conversation.
JeeperDon93

I've determined that this bug came with the 6.0.6 release on Nov 20.

0 Likes
Re: With Messenger+ V6.0.6: Group MMS Replies Not coming back to Group Conversation.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JeeperDon93, I know the replies to different conversations can be a cause for concern. We definitely to see what is happening and have this resolved right away. I wanted to ask you by any chance is most of the two receivers of the messages full on your device? Occasionally, when the messages are full, issues can occur. If there was any messages from the two that you are not interested in keeping, can you please delete them. After some has been deleted, try to start up one of your groups as normal.
VeronicaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JeeperDon93

Veronica, Before posting this issue, I cleared all messages completely so I have zero conversations and could make a decent test.  Then I started the two solo conversations with a test back/forth, then the three-way conversation.  It's not an issue associated with text quantity.  I can also un/install the app with no change. 

What makes this even more confusing is the same app at 6.0.6 works fine on my wifi-only tablet, which runs the same exact OS as the phone.

On the phone I can use the OEM Messages app (the blue icon one) that comes with Google Android Marshmallow and the SMS/MMS routing is all correct.  I'd prefer to use the VZW app on the phone too, but have to be functional until it's fixed. 

Just now, I reinstalled the VZW app and disabled the OEM app.  The existing messages are all there and in the right places.  I'll do some more testing.  I acknowledge that this seems like an odd problem to slip through your testing, so very well may be some odd behavior on my phone.  I'd still like to have it be gone though.  Stay tuned.

0 Likes
JeeperDon93

I found APK's for two prior versions, 6.0.2 from October and 6.0.5 from Nov 20 (same day as 6.0.6).  The problem exists in 6.0.5 as well. It is NOT in 6.0.2.  Using the Joe/Jane setup I mentioned in the orig post above, I see that apparently the VZW method for group MMS is to receive a group reply from Joe into the Joe conv as unread until it's downloaded and digested, at which time (a split sec later) it shows up in the proper group conv as unread.  That 'move' does not happen because the download never happens.

I can not imagine that you can not replicate this at your end. This was all on stock Android 6.0 on a Google Nexus 5X phone.

0 Likes
JeeperDon93

Version 6.0.8 dropped today. Problem fixed.  Thank you. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JeeperDon93, I will definitely stay tuned. It seems this is possibly a software issue with the 6.0.6 software. I really wished I could duplicate this issue as well so we could have better clarity.  This information will be forwarded to the makers of the software. Please keep us posted once the new software is updated. The updates come our periodically.
VeronicaM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes