With the s6, I could download pictures, but not with s7. I need to copy pictures to my laptop.
BAINBRIDGE

s

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: With the s6, I could download pictures, but not with s7. I need to copy pictures to my laptop.
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you connect the phone and computer with the USB cable, pull down the notification shade, tap where it says USB Charging, then change it to File Transfer.  Then copy the files from the phone's DCIM folder to the computer.

0 Likes
Re: With the s6, I could download pictures, but not with s7. I need to copy pictures to my laptop.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BAINBRIDGE,

Help is here! I like to backup my precious memories to my computer. Tikibar1 has provided some helpful steps. What exact troubles are you running into with transferring your pictures?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
werg8rsva

Hello,

I have the same issue ... when I connect my Galaxy S7 to my laptop, they don't "see" each other.  When I pull down the notification shade on the phone, I don't see anything for "USB connection".  I've searched everywhere on the phone and can't find any such tab.  Any thoughts?  Thank you!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried using a different USB port on your computer? 

0 Likes
GeauxVirg
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the same problem for months. Used to be a simple plug 'n play with my S6, now when I connect to ANY USB port on my Dell Latitude, I cannot download from phone to laptop. When I pull down the screen and select TRANSFER, I get the "ding", but I don't see the phone in Explorer. I tried the download assistant, but when I click that on my phone, a download starts, but never finishes. It reverts back to "FILE TRANSFER" in the middle of the download and never gets done! Driving me crazy!! Any help??

0 Likes