YOUR opinion: Best Android device on Verizon
Tidbits
Legend

I was wondering what's everyones opinion on current Android devices on Verizon.

Right now I am NOT a fan of the DroidX (I a small guy) and the size is just a little too big for personal taste.

So I guess that leaves a few choices left from Verizon and I am coming from a Nexus One.  I justed wanted to her customer experiences with the devices on this carrier.

please don't bash anyone for saying their opinions even if you do not agree with them.  thanks, and information about your experiences will be greatly appreciated by me.  Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: YOUR opinion: Best Android device on Verizon
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Each phone has their different style and uniqueness. Hard to just pick one. Coming from my view I think the Incredible is the best phone.

0 Likes
Harley_Chick
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know it is not for a lot of people, but I LOVE my LG Ally.  Its not too big, it has a wonderful slide-out keyboard (probably my favorite feature), and it does everything that I want it to do.  I really just use my phone for calls, texting, email, games and a little web-surfing.  I don't play videos or any of that stuff, so I don't need a lot of that junk.

But there are some issues that turn people off to the Ally.  You have to "train" the battery - charge it all the way up and let it run all the way to 0 for the first 5 - 7 days.  Otherwise your battery will probably not last you an entire day.  And while it is getting the Android 2.2 update (according to all the "official" releases that I have read), the date for it has not been announced.  The camera is okay, but not outstanding.   

Its all a matter of individual taste, and what you need a phone to do for you.  My advice is to go to the Verizon store and play with the phones - get a feel for what is right for you. 

Good luck, and have fun.

"if you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning...."

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i like the incredible. like you....i don't want a bulky phone. i also like the the ally if you use it for mostly basic stuff. the ally has it's limitations, but it's more affordable than the others and still get's the job done. i also like the droid II...just too bulky for me and i like full touchscreen. if you want a physical qwerty then ally or droid II (droid II is a bit more capable and will be a bit more current a year from now, as far as the specs of the device). best bang for the buck though is prolly the ally. but i wouldn't trade my incredible for any of them. with the 2.2 update it is now hd capable, hot spot capable. most of the advantages that the X did have, are no longer so. the X does have the hdmi out though, which the inc will never have. the battery life will be an issue on ALL of them....lol.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

keep'em coming.  Love to see some more reviews, and thanks for keeping everything civil :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
tfch8184

I recently switched from a BB Curve to an LG Ally.....needless to say Ill never touch another BB again. I love my Ally, it has the full keyboard which I love because for some reason Im touch screen texting challenged. LOL. While my Ally does have its quirks they arent anything major and nothing that I cant get past because hey we all know every phone is going to have something about it we just arent a fan of.

For the price I think the Ally is a really good deal, I didnt want a huge bulky phone and Im not a fan of the original Droids keyboard and nor was I too keen on the Droid 2's keyboard. I didnt want an all touch screen phone and while I would love a bigger screen for watching videos my Ally does the job and does it well. Now if only we could push out this 2.2 update or atleast get a release date for it....Im dying to get my hands on that 2.2 update.

0 Likes
mrubins

I just switched to an Ally from a BB curve as well but to be honest the re-booting is getting annoying especially in the middle of a call with a client. Supposely the 2.2 upgrade takes care of this but if it doesnt come out before my 30 days is up I am switching back to my BB. I use my phone for work and can not afford to have calls lost due to a software issue. I never had a problem with my BB.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I went to Verizon last night for 3 hours and tried all the Android phones they have on selection.  I am thoroughly impressed in general.  THis is what I have conclude.

1. Droid X nice peice of hardware.  As I thought felt way too big for my pockets, and my hands(I'm a little guy)

2. Incredible has a nice screen nice size great picture quality over and clear calls.

3. Droid 2 nice screen size not as crisp as the Incredible.  Keyboard felt more usuable than the Droid.

4. Droid same as above, but the keyboard felt flat and I noticed at times slower than it's replacement

5. Ally nifty little phone felt perfect in my hands, but didn't feel like I wanted it after 30 minutes of playing with it.  Don't know why was just something about it and I can't place my brain around it.

6.  Devour completely hated the look of it.  Overall usuable though

not sure if there was others than those listed  I never bothered to asked.  So far I am impressed overall with the Droid 2, and the Incredible.  If I was maybe 1 1/2 ft taller I would also include the Droid X lol.  Thanks all for you opinions and I will look more into those two devices.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I have concluded and made up my mind.  I will be picking up the Droid 2 when my contract expires with T-Mobile.  Thanks all for your opinions and it was greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
JoryKirk

Then go with the 2.  It's almost like the X with a few differences.  It the 2 has a slide-out QWERTY and virtual keyboard while the x only has a virtual, the 2 doesn't have a HDMI output, 8 megapixel camera with HD video recording in 720p as opposed to the 5 megapixel w/o HD recording in the 2, and a 16 gig micro-SD in the X with a Gig in the 2.  They are both excellent devices which I had the choice to get to know initially in the past couple weeks since Verizon made a mistake when I initially ordered the X and accidentally sent me a 2; when I got the 2, I called Verizon and was told the X was on a short backorder and to activate the 2 and use it until the X arrived.  After using the 2 for about a week, I became very reluctant to give it up, but I can't keep both.  I still haven't sent the 2 back and am taking the holiday weekend to get to know the X better before making a decision on which to return on Tuesday.  My advise for you would be the Droid 2, the new operation system, 7 home screens, on device renting/purchasing/viewing of full-length movies via Blockbuster, 3g mobile hot spot capable of running on 5 different devices at once, and a super-fast processor (GHz) with 512MB RAM plus * gig built-in memory make the 2 and the X the best two devices on the market today.  Although, since we get stuck with these devices for so long, I would also advise going in to your local Verizon store and playing with one for at least an hour or so before you make a final decision (make sure to give yourself adequate time to peruse the 2 since it is capable of so many things as well as countless more with the innumerous number of apps available for download. 

Hope this helps you!

Jory     

0 Likes