You got to read this!!
anchor328

So today I had an issue with the birthday not displaying correctly on a contact for my Droid Eris. So I called Verizon. The Verizon rep could not resolve issue so she transfered me to HTC. The HTC rep said this was a known issue. Guess what she said NEXT!!!! Woah I about dropped to the floor. She said, "This is a known issue that is resolved in 2.1 which was released today. Your Droid Eris over the next two weeks will update to version 2.1." WOOT it's here all. Now hopefully this happens like she said.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: You got to read this!!
anchor328

Let me add some info from the call. She said that our Droid Eris look for updates once every 2 weeks and there is no way us end users to tell when our phone is schedule to look. There is no way we can force the look either.  So make sure you keep your 3G turned on so you get the update on your phones scheduled look date.

0 Likes
BigMo007

Congratulations. Now if only it would be this quick for the Droid.....

0 Likes
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2
Ya know the old saying about counting your chickens before they're hatched? Ironically, I called HTC today about a problem viewing wmv files. While I had him on the phone, I asked about the 2.1 update. He said no news on that yet, but there was a 1.6 update available through Verizon for the Eris and I should call Verizon about it. I called Verizon and of course they didn't know what I was talking about. Here's hoping your HTC rep was a lot more in the know than mine was. I'd love to see 2.1 drop sometime soon.
0 Likes
xokatwoman

HTC OFFICIALLY  announced that the HTC Droid Eris would be getting 2.1 VERY soon sooo I go with the release date being yesterday (:

0 Likes
sranger

You may be in luck....

http://www.electronista.com/articles/10/02/17/report.points.to.21.on.eris.before.motorola.droid/

This would be great news for the ERIS owners...

0 Likes
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2

sranger wrote:

You may be in luck....

http://www.electronista.com/articles/10/02/17/report.points.to.21.on.eris.before.motorola.droid/

This would be great news for the ERIS owners...

So based on what this article says, have any Eris owners on this forum gotten their update yet? Anybody?
0 Likes
truelove79
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, I'm still not expecting the update until the end of March.  I'd say if noone on this forum gets their update over the next few days, then it's a bunch of bull.  So the moral of the story is; don't get your hopes up.

Someone else should call up HTC and complain about the calendar bug and see what they say, then report back.

0 Likes
blackdognorth

First...deny everything.

Check back a year from now and see if anything has changed.  They've got your $199, or $79...and a 2 year contract...what's the rush?

0 Likes
anchor328

Update, we have to stick together as a community. With that, today I had an unrelated issue that required another HTC technician. I enquired about the update. Here's what she said, "2.1 has been released to Verizon yesterday so they can test it. It should be released to us Eris people soon." Yeah the dreaded "soon" is back. I asked her to confirm this with the technician's senior supervisor and was told this information is correct. She even offered to let me talk directly to the supervisor. I guess I am not the first to get excited and post bad information. Sorry everyone. She did confirm that there is no way for us to look in our phones to see what day and time our phones are scheduled to look for an update. The phone looks once every 2 weeks.

0 Likes