Z3v PDF download issues
SonyaZ3
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I download a PDF, from any source, my phone is saving it as an apk file.  I am not rooted, it is a new phone from Verizon, and I have not downloaded an app converter.  I just had this conversation with Sony support and they told me to contact Verizon.

What can be done to fix this, PDFs are important to me.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Z3v PDF download issues
Snn5
Legend

What sources are you trying to download from?  Do you have a PDF reader installed?

0 Likes
SonyaZ3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a couple down loaded from two different website, but the others are from emails I believe

0 Likes
SonyaZ3
Enthusiast - Level 2

And up until this morning I did not have a PDF reader, I downloaded google PDF this morning. Tried the download again, and again it is an apk

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I typically have no issues when downloading a PDF.  My Google PDF Reader works for me, and Adobe's Reader worked for me previously, as did Quick Office and Microsoft Mobile Office.  This was using a transferred PDF from a PC, from mobile email, or a Chrome webpage on mobile.

0 Likes
SonyaZ3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Email probably opened in chrome, and webpages were in chrome.

0 Likes
SonyaZ3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I use Google now as my launcher also

0 Likes
SonyaZ3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just changed back to the stock launcher and still got the apk

0 Likes
SonyaZ3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had an update for chrome, but it still is not creating PDFs.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

This sounds strange.  I haven't heard of an issue with software converting a pdf to an apk except on side-loading websites like file sharing sites.  Might I ask what specific PDF you are looking for?  You might try downloading from a desktop browser and then sending or transferring the file to the phone to test opening it.

0 Likes