Zenfone AR freezes frequently
stryeyz

Good morning,

After the last Android update, my Zenfone AR is freezing frequently, sometimes multiple times a day.  I chatted with Tech Coach and all they said to do was a hard reset, which I would like to avoid due to the amount of effort involved in resetting all of my settings...and, the last time Tech Coach had me reset a few things, it not only didn't fix the problem, but I then wasted the time resetting my settings.  So I am not too keen on following their hard reset advice blindly.

Any suggestions?  Am I stuck with the hard reset?  Is there a way to save settings to my computer perhaps, and reload those somehow?  Please help!  I'm only about halfway done paying full price payment plan on this phone, and I'm not impressed with all the freezing when it isn't even paid off.  For a nearly $700-phone, it shouldn't behave this way after only a year...

Thank you!

Brittany

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Zenfone AR freezes frequently
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to see you have the best device experience and I apologize for the inconvenience. Is the device freezing when using a certain app or process? What steps do you typically take to get the device unfrozen?

Yale_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
stryeyz

It is random when it happens. Sometimes I'm not even using my phone, it's

plugged in with screen on and I leave the room, I come back and the clock

makes it obvious that it's been frozen for a few minutes. I can only get

it to unfreeze by holding power button and down volume until it brings me

to a black screen and I go down to Reboot. Or sometimes it just reboots

when I hold that key combination. Sometimes I am using my phone and it

locks. Sometimes it is when updating an app with Play store. It is often

at least once a day, if not more.

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 8:43 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details, stryeyz. I want to work with you to find a lasting solution. Please check your private messages for further information.

TracyB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
stryeyz

Thank you, I'm really trying to get suggestions that I can try on my own when I have time and can afford to have my phone not in use while I try the suggestions.  There's not a convenient time for me to talk on the phone, that's why I messaged here instead of calling support...

0 Likes