Zenfone V asus_a006
Nonono95

Hello all, sorry if Im in the wrong sub but Im not sure were else to post this.   I just got a new zenfone V (model asus_a006) which is a verizon exclusive.   I have an issue of all video recording being too dark. In the native camera app, kik and skype.  But taking pictures works fine.  

I took it back to the store and they tested it with another phone and the same issue happened with a second phone. 

Ive played with all of the night mode settings and white balance but as long as it isnt absurdly bright in the room, the camera dims all recording to almost unviewable levels.  As if its removing brightness instead of adding.

Any suggestions or advice?

Android version 7

Baseband, kernel version: VZW_v3.3.20_20170818

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Zenfone V asus_a006
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nonono95,

Ensuring all the features of your phone are working as they should is important to us. I welcome the opportunity to assist you with that video issue. Since you advised this happened on another Zenfone V device it's likely something that needs to be addressed with a software update. Accordingly, we want to ensure we lift this matter up to the manufacturer to bring it to their attention. I've sent you a private message with additional details.

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GALAWDAWG

I have the same problem (and more) with my brand new Asus Zenfone V. Please let me know what actions to take. Thanks!

0 Likes
Nonono95

I sent the tech the details and Ill let you know when I do.  Shame to have this issue with a really nice and well priced phone.

0 Likes
Nonono95

Can I get an update on this issue?  Thanks

0 Likes
Nonono95

I contacted verizon's customer support by phone. (since online here doesnt see to do much)  They opened up a case with asus to look into this and hopefully fix it with an update. 

I would suggest you do the same so they are aware its happening as an out of the box bug.

Call them @ 1 (800) 922-0204

Thanks.

0 Likes