Zenpad z8 wifi will connect and drop repeatedly for good signals
Charlesufford

Hello, I’m not sure if this happened after the 7.0 update or not. But the tablet will connect to a secure Xfinity wifi connection that is strong, then the signal ‘drops’ strength and loses connection. An insecure Xfinity wifi will be connected to and not drop. The kicker is I can have my iPhone 11 right next to the tablet with very strong signal with secure connection and it will connect/drop repeatedly showing signal strength has dropped (which it hasn’t, it’s right there)

I did a network settings reset, system settings reset and a factory reset, using backup account to reset settings for apps. There was a Bluetooth connection problem before with my phone which cleared but this issue didn’t clear 

there was an identical problem posted a few years ago but the customer service assistant took the problem to DM so I and we couldn’t see the resolution to the issue

thanks, charles 

0 Likes
Re: Zenpad z8 wifi will connect and drop repeatedly for good signals
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, and good morning! Making sure that you can connect to your home Wi-Fi with a steady connection is definitely important, and I am here to help! Have you also tried having us check the line for your tablet to ensure that the provisioning is correct? If not, please send us Private Message, so we can take a closer look for you. 

AlfredoR_VZW

0 Likes
Charlesufford

Thank you for reply. How do I send private message? The tablet doesn’t have a line of data, it is used only over wifi. It’s not using home wifi, it uses various wifi hotspots. It will connect to Xfinity wifi hotspot if it’s not secure. But the secure hotspot it will connect, then immediately drop. If my phone is right next to it, secure, it will connect and drop repeatedly. And for some reason if I try to connect via Bluetooth from my phone, most of the time when I try to pair (it will pair and show connection) but in Bluetooth settings for the connection between phone and tablet, if I try to select the two checkboxes, which say ‘all profiles’ and ‘internet’, the boxes will show checks, but then will immediately uncheck, and when I try to use internet over the Bluetooth connection, each program will say not connected to the internet

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for keeping us posted and for all the details. To send a private message:

- Sign in to the community.

- Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.

- Click "Compose New Message".

- Enter the recipient's name in the "Send to" area.

Since the tablet has no cellular service/it is not an active line (using Wi-Fi to connect) we would encourage you to reach out to the manufacturer (Asus) through any of the options on this link: https://www.asus.com/us/support/callus. They will offer the support you need.

0 Likes