advanced video calling will not work no matter what
wwsakrd
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an LG G3. I have video calling on my account. I got rid of ringback tones and I disabled all other apps it says to. It is turned on in settings. Verizon states that you will know you are ready to use video calling if you go to groups in your contacts and "video calling" shows up as a group and "video calling" does in fact show up as a group but still wont work. When I click on one of these people the little video camera icon shows up in blue and not grey which signifies that the other person has their video calling turned on and I should be able to make the call but every single time I try to a pop up comes up that says "video calling is not currently available. You can send a message or make a voice call" I have spoken to the people on my video calling list and I have made them make video calls to ensure video calling is working for them and it is. There is seriously no reason that it should not be working. I have tried everything on every FAQ and troubleshooting list.

Labels (1)
Re: advanced video calling will not work no matter what
Snn5
Legend
0 Likes
wwsakrd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you but I have already been to both of these lists and done everything they have said to. That is the problem, According to everything here it should work.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Used to be that you also had to have the feature enabled on the account.  You might want to call Verizon about this.

0 Likes
wwsakrd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah I spoke to Verizon on the phone and they confirmed that advanced video calling is in fact enabled and that it should be working. So I guess I will have no choice but to go to a Verizon store. UGH! Thank you though