android 4.0
harryvat
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the Rezound, which I love. I was just wondering when the android 4.0 upgrade is going to come within site. Anybody got any thoughts?

Labels (1)
Re: android 4.0
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

After HTC figures out how to put the Sense UI over top of ICS (Android 4.0). It could be several months yet.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
holmsc
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Rezound will get it, but you'll have to wait anywhere from a month to six months. It's up to HTC to get their Sense UI working on top of ICS 4.0, and then Verizon will have to test it extensively to ensure it works properly. So in short, it'll probably be a while. 

0 Likes
musicbeatsallday

You both are correct but when the HTC Rezound was in the makes months back, Android 4.0 was in the makes as well. To say 1 to 6 months before we see ice cream is out of line lol. The phone should be getting the update this january if HTC sticks to its plans. Companies like HTC prepare software updates before the phone its self is even released. So to sum it up the Rezound which i have will get the update somewhat very soon. Heres an artical on whats going on with the phone but what I said in this post is not based on that artical.

http://www.tmonews.com/2012/01/htc-turkish-facebook-page-posts-details-for-ice-cream-sandwich-rollou...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Thunderbolt was released with Froyo after Gingerbread was available. It was November before the Gingerbread update came to the Thunderbolt. Close to a year after Gingerbread was available.

There is a pattern here.

The integration of the Sense UI is going to take time.

Also your article was later proven false.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Read the update on this article.

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/01/09/htc-turkey-promises-january-ice-cream-sandwich-upgrades-for-8-phones-thunderbolt-included/

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Read the update on this article.

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/01/09/htc-turkey-promises-january-ice-cream-sandwich-upgrades-for-8-phones-thunderbolt-included/

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Au let's see                                                                                     July Maybe ...... just kidding Hopefully sooner than that.

0 Likes
musicbeatsallday

Like I said Im not basing anything off of that artical. Its just something found in google news. Whether its true or not thats not the point. When any phone is created and put out to the stores, a software update is already in the makes which in this situation the rezound ice cream is already in the works. Im not going to post and say I have a friend who works for HTC because I dont. Im talking in logical terms here. The update atleast for the Rezound being the popular phone that it is will most likely be on of HTC's highest priorities. HTC is one of the most reputatable companies known for pushing out quality updates asap and wont have a problem with the sense and the new android 4.0 platform. Now if we base a little information on the artical i posted and your update one you posted, my guess would be anywheres from late january to feb for the ice cream to hit The HTC Rezound. This is only my prediction, I could be wrong.

0 Likes