Re: any fix for not receiving text messages on the razer phone 2?
VICTOR82
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah... That might be why. Go to a Verizon corporate store and ask them to

switch your current phone to the Razer 2 and make sure they do it through

their system and give you a new sim

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

are you signed in to google. is the phone activated?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you are able to use your device, v0lc0m0125

. Let's work together to get you up and running. Please respond to the Private Message I sent you for further assistance.

Derek_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Christie8255

Change the Network Mode in Settings to Global to resolve text issue.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

not lte/cdma!!

0 Likes
sdhoxie

Here's the fix

Background: Had iPhone X, purchased Raz 2, took sim card out of iPhone and put in Raz 2.

I had the same problem, my Raz 2 that I just purchased would not receive text messages. It would send them but not receive.

I read the forum here and had an idea of what the problem was ie CDMA-LESS. So I tried to call Verizon to work the problem but had to receive a text code from them in order to proceed to customer service tech support (go figure) so I decided to go down to the Verizon store.
The agent at the Verizon store had no idea what to do since they (Verizon) does not sell/support the phone but she gave it a shot. She ended up doing a simultaneous chat with Verizon and Razer tech support. She got nowhere with Verizon but with Razer they told her to put in a new Sim Card. Once she did that she could see that CDMA-LESS was loading onto the phone automatically. After that everything in the universe was fine again.

So good luck, you might be able o do it over the phone but if not go down to the store and get a new sim card put in.

0 Likes
Dagoof17

Call Verizon support. I had the same issue and one of their level 2 engineers fixed this issue in a few seconds. They have to make a change in a setting on their end in order for texts to be received by Razer 2 phones. Apparently, Razer does something different when receiving texts. Maybe an encyption thing? Anyways, within a few moments all my texts starting rolling in.

0 Likes