anyone else have problems in the last week for online orders?
Ezmyrelda
Enthusiast - Level 2

I made an online upgrade (eligible) last Wednesday prior to 9am.  Got an email confirming the order by noon that day.  By Friday morning when the status hadn't changed I contact VerizonWireless -- both by chat & phone call.  After talking to 5 people in the morning -- most telling me the phone was on backorder and no date for shipments -- before 9am, I was given an ITS ticket number and I'd have to wait till have 8pm to see if I actually received the order.  815pm on Friday evening, no phone, so I called.  Was helped by Sue would did a bunch more research and determined there was a glitch in the system, but no supervisor was available for me to talk with until Saturday morning.  Saturday morning called and spoke to a very helpful supervisor.  He said the glitch happened between all the upgrades to the website gearing up for the iPhone 6 release.  He wasn't sure why it happened, but he was working to get it fixed.  He said he had to wait for the tech folks to cancel the original order -- he wasn't able to -- and it would take about 3 days. He said he'd call me at 2pm on Tuesday. And here we are on Tuesday...at 2:45pm I called them.  After spending 20 minutes explaining to her the problem, as she wasn't keen on putting me thru to a manager, to finally agreeing she could reorder the phone & case for me.  After discovering it was impossible to have it delivered to me by Wednesday afternoon, as promised on Saturday, I demanded again to talk to a manager.  She transferred me to a manager.  After some heated conversations, I was told the best that could be done was to receive the phone on Thursday -- it'd now been almost an hour.  At this point, I'm fine whatever works.  He puts me back on the phone with the call person to have her reorder.  She does and doesn't -- says she wasn't told, yet I did twice -- order the case as I expected.  I say never mind to the case.  She informs me that the manager will text me a confirmation that he will call me on Thursday at noon.  Mind you, I mentioned twice that my phone was dead.  Needless to say after being a customer for almost 10 years without issue, I'm completely bamboozled by what has transpired. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: anyone else have problems in the last week for online orders?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Ezmyrelda,

10 years of loyalty is awesome! Ordering a new device should be exciting and simple. We are so sorry to hear that this was not your experience. Your issue should have been resolved on the first contact tto VZW  and it saddens me that this did not occur as well. Lets make sure that all of your issues have been resolved. Just to confirm, the supervisor was able ship the device with a follow-up set for Thursday correct? Was the representative able to place the order for the case later in the call, or does the case order still need to be replaced as well? We definitely want to get this fixed.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ezmyrelda
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received a confirmation email this morning giving the FedEx tracking number.  As for the follow-up?  I honestly have no faith it will actually transpire -- based on still not receiving a call from the Saturday supervisor, and no email from Tuesday's manager stating he would call at noon.  After spending more than 1 1/2 hours on the phone yesterday, I wasn't about to spend another moment or dime on getting the case I originally wanted. So, no I didn't order the case. And honestly, the more I thought about the conversation I had yesterday with the gal & her supervisor, the more upset I got.  It's pretty bad when the first thing my husband says to me when I got home is "do we still have Verizon?"

So after writing this update, I checked my account.  Guess what?  According to my bill, I'm still being charged for the order made on Sept 9th and the other part of the credit I was promised on Saturday has not been posted to my account (half of the credit has been). 

1l0v3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem, except I can't get anyone from Verizon to acknowledge that there's a problem. I ordered a phone (upgrade) online yesterday and chose overnight shipping. When I check the status of the order online it doesn't provide any information and when I call the IVR, it says there isn't a recent order. Very frustrating!

0 Likes
Ezmyrelda
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is frustrating!  I finally received my phone yesterday afternoon, but was too tired when I got home to go back (it's a 25 minute drive into town for me to get 4g service).  And that call I was to get yesterday at noon from the Tuesday manager -- yep, did not happen.   I don't know what is going on with Verizon, but I've never had these kinds of issues with them.  My bill still shows the online order -- which is over $25 higher than the 2nd order.  And the original order is still sitting in my notifications on MyVerizon.

My only suggestion to you is to keep trying!  Ask for a manager -- and don't take NO for an answer -- and make sure you have time to wait for them to figure it out.  The least amount of time I spent on one (of several calls to them) was 30 minutes, and the longest being 1 1/2 hours.  Ask them to set up a ITS (they're help desk or something) ticket for you.  And if nothing else, go into a Verizon store -- but make sure it's a Verizon store and not one of their contracted stores.  Use the website to find a true store, because the contracted stores can only do so much.

Good luck!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is NOT the experience that we want you to have Ezmyrelda. While I'm glad to read that you received your device, we want to ensure that all of your concerns are properly addressed. IF you can reply to the private message that we sent then we can proceed.

ArnettH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

1l0v3,

We definitely want to make sure that everything is A-OK with your order and that you hae the information you need. How was the order placed? Did you receive an order confirmation email? If you log into your My Verizon account online, do you see any recent orders listed?

AdamG_VZW

0 Likes