battery full notification is wrong
flashtoo

I just bought a Samsung Note 4 with the new fast charger. The "Battery full" notification icon just came on in the top corner of the notification area. The phone, on the charger, shows that the battery is still not fully charged. I have restarted the device and this shut the notification off, when nothing else did. Is there something about the fast charger that confuses the device into thinking that the battery is fully charged when it isn't?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: battery full notification is wrong
Snn5
Legend

How far from 100% is it showing?  You might want to allow the phone to run until it shuts off by itself, leave powered off and then charge until full to perhaps reset any battery information, considering you are using a different charging method now, it might need to adjust.

0 Likes
flashtoo

It was at 89% when the "Battery Full" notification started. I could not dismiss the notification -- it just kept the icon up in the left hand corner and had that INFO message in the notification center. When I rebooted the device, the message and the icon cleared. I then plugged the device in to the charger, which then charged to 100% and threw an accurate notification, which cleared when I unplugged the phone. So far so good.

0 Likes
flashtoo

I just remembered to say that I don't really have control over which charging method I use. I have car chargers that charge at the old 5v level, then the new one at 9v. I'm not wanting to buy new chargers just to avoid the phone throwing an erroneous notification.

0 Likes