cannot receive group messages from iphone
jpoi

i am unable to receive certain group messages from iphone #, i receive other group messages from iphones, but cannot receive group messages from this one particular #. i can text not in a group with this #.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: cannot receive group messages from iphone
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

This actually isn't strange at all, other than why in the world Apple would force it to be this way (Oh, yeah, it's because they are trying to force everyone into their ecosystem).  The iPhone uses iMessage and will send texts to other iPhone users through their service, while using the standard SMS service that they SHOULD be using for everyone else in the conversation.  This causes the messages to be split up and isn't really group messaging.  I think one possibility is to start the conversation on your device, forcing the iPhone users into the SMS system.  Of course, this means starting the thread over and you would have to have all the numbers.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jpoi

i have discontinued my previous imessage account that was connected with my number before changing to a samsung phone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jpoi, making sure that you are able to receive all the message in a group setting is a necessary function.

I appreciate all the work you have done thus far. To confirm, are you able to receive standard text messages from those same

iPhone users, or is it only an issue when engaged in a group conversation?

NicandroNN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jpoi

yes i receive regular messages from all in the group when engaged with one on one texting, but when in a group setting i am unable to receive from only these iphone #'s...i also am able to receive other group messages from iphone users only this particular one is not coming through

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is certainly strange, Jpoi. One of the things coming to mind is that they may have data disabled possibly. Group Messages function off of data typically, and not standard SMS messaging.

Might explain why one on one messaging comes through from them. Have you tried to test to see if you can convert your group thread to receive messages individually versus in a group setting to see if you receive their reply?

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
couragethecowardlydog
Enthusiast - Level 2

Try having the person with the iphone that does not receive your texts delete the entire conversation from your number.

0 Likes
jpoi

Yeah tried that too. Deleted all previous combinations of texts associated

with my number. Now I receive that person's texts but not the responses

from the other 2 involved in the conversation.

On Feb 29, 2016 7:57 PM, "couragethecowardlydog" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

This actually isn't strange at all, other than why in the world Apple would force it to be this way (Oh, yeah, it's because they are trying to force everyone into their ecosystem).  The iPhone uses iMessage and will send texts to other iPhone users through their service, while using the standard SMS service that they SHOULD be using for everyone else in the conversation.  This causes the messages to be split up and isn't really group messaging.  I think one possibility is to start the conversation on your device, forcing the iPhone users into the SMS system.  Of course, this means starting the thread over and you would have to have all the numbers.

0 Likes
couragethecowardlydog
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did the other two also delete their entire conversations(from you)? And do those 2 people have data plans that allow MMS/group texting?

If that doesn't work, those two people could also delete you as a contact and put in your contact info. again.

0 Likes