car charger/audio problem
DavidF

Hi - I have an audio aux jack in my car.  It works fine with my ipod with or without the ipod plugged into a charger.  I tried it with my Droid today.  The Droid works fine if it isn't plugged into the charger, but when I use the charger there's a continuous loud screeching on the line that drowns out the audio.  I'm using the Rocketfish charger that came with the Best Buy package.  Is this a shielding issue?  Is there another charger (like the Motorola) that works better?  Is the car dock intended to solve this problem?  From what I've seen of the car dock, it's just a holder that doesn't seem to include any built-in charger.

The other odd thing is, even though I've turned all the sound notifications off, when I'm using the Droid in the car it sometimes shrieks "Droid!" out over the music anyway.  Is this a feature?  Thanks.  David

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: car charger/audio problem
fcm

Greetings,

I ran into the very same issue with a brand new Droid and a Verizon car charger.  Regardless of what kind of audio output from the Droid through the 'aux' function of my '06 Toyota, if the charger is plugged in, a constant buzz/whine signal is transmitted.  Interestingly, I have a cheapo power inverter in the glovebox and when this is plugged in and the Droid's regular wall charger into that, there is no interfering transmission.  So, it doesn't seem to be the vehicle or the Droid itself.  One wonders whether the same manufacturer of car charger is behind the issue.

0 Likes
Re: car charger/audio problem
oottexan

Hi, I have a problem with my laptop making buzzing noise out of the speakers playing while charging so it may just be a shielding problem. No noise when running on battery. Since the Droid is a computer it may have some of the same problems. I got a mini dock with digital coax output for in home but I don't know what to do in the car. I was wondering if an inline ground loop isolator would fix the problem. I found some on Amazon that describe it will correct the noise. Cheers

0 Likes