casio gz1 commando defaults to silent
chairroller

Hello fellow verizon users. I recently upgraded to the casio commando. I love the phone and am really happy that I am able to get a rugged phone with Android. You see, I am wheelchair bound and need a ruggedized phone for obvious reasons however I have had to stick with my old casio since 2007 as there was nothing better out there. My question is, my new phone is defaulting to silent mode all the time. This is really frustrating as I have to keep it in a pouch while I push my manual chair and I therefore miss calls. Does anyone out there know how I can keep my phone in ringer mode? I appreciate your feedback.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: casio gz1 commando defaults to silent
Not applicable

Thank you chairroller for your inquiry. I am glad to hear you are enjoying your phone. The phone should only switch to silent if you are pressing the side volume keys when the phone is unlocked. Make sure silent mode is not checked under Settings>Sound. Also make sure your phone screen is locked when not using it to prevent the volume keys from being changed while in your pocket. 

0 Likes
Re: casio gz1 commando defaults to silent
lynnmatic

Having same problem. Was given this phone to be on call 24/7 and it consistently puts itself in silent mode, especially overnight while on the charger. This is not good since I am expected to be answering my phone at all hours.

0 Likes