change network mode
jaided23

when i go to change the network mode on my core prime. the button is greyed out... any way to fix it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: change network mode
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the cellular data connection turned on and active when you attempt this?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jaided23

yes.. the buttons still grey, cant click on it

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Prepaid or postpaid?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jaided23 grey is not the color we are looking for. Let's get this fixed. When did this first start? Were you ever able to click on it?

RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jaided23

its been like that ever since i got the phone,its a galaxy core prime,, still under contract, where i live has terrible service,the closest verizon tower is about 4 miles away, i get constant dropped calls. no 4g data. so i thought i could change it to where it would at least connect to 3g, since i cant change the network mode, i tried my nieces tmobile sim in it and was able to set it to use the tmobile APN.,it worked maybe 5 mins then started giving a message saying  no verizon sim inserted or something like that,is my phone sim locked to verizon? it works fine when im in town.. i just want to be able to use it at home,

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let’s get the service you deserve jaided23. What zipcode do you live in? Is the service issue happening indoors, outdoors or both? Also the 4G phones are pre-unlocked but we cannot guarantee the service will work on other carriers.

StevenM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
jaided23

my zip is 71838,, most of the time. i have to be outside to even get 1 bar for service

0 Likes
Nikky99
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have same problem samsung galaxy s22+

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important to know which features you can change on your device. Let's work together and investigate further. Can you tell us a little more about what you are trying to change exactly (are you trying to look for a different carrier network or same network with different signal like LTE or 5G)?

~Gina

0 Likes