changed google password, now can't log in
kayjay1922

Last week, I was having issues with my Google account that forced me to change my password. That's the account that is locked into my Droid. However I now have this annoying orange triangle with a ! inside of it saying there's a sign in error. When I put in my new password it said it's wrong. I use the password every day and it works on my computer and my tablet but not my phone. Anyone else have this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: changed google password, now can't log in
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wow kayjay1922. Sounds like one nasty Google trouble after another. I'm sure it may not seem like such a great idea now, but it's a good thing you updated your password if you thought there was any security risk. When you're putting your new password into your phone, are you able to see the password as it's being typed in? Google passwords are case sensitive, so it makes a big difference between putting an "a" or an "A", for example.

It's also possible that the trouble you experienced that caused you to reset your password may have locked your access through your Droid. Try unlocking your account at www.google.com/accounts/displayunlockcaptcha. If during the password reset process you enabled the 2-step verification through Google, this article may help: http://bit.ly/wAPWIu

Keep me posted if you need any more help.
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes