contact list
mmrptc09

i just bought my phone and upon taking it home and my mom calling me i realized they either never transferred my contact list or it didnt work. i ahve back up assistant and the last time it worked on transferring it, why is it not transferring to my new phone? plus all my media is now ineligble....

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: contact list
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

mmrptc09 wrote:

i just bought my phone and upon taking it home and my mom calling me i realized they either never transferred my contact list or it didnt work. i ahve back up assistant and the last time it worked on transferring it, why is it not transferring to my new phone? plus all my media is now ineligble....

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Android-Devices/Backup-Assistant/m-p/112882

check out the response by kenyu73. this may be the only solution for your problem.  the droid is an android and the backup assistant was not designed for this smart phone rather only for dumb phones or non android phones.

or if you have your old phone still, you should be able to go into any verizon store and they should be able to sync the contacts for you.

if you got it from best buy they do it for free, just ask.

0 Likes
Re: contact list
Ardoreal
Enthusiast - Level 2

I must also suggest, if you have a Gmail account, getting your contacts into Gmail.

Google has many sync utilities for syncing your PC's address book to Gmail as well.  I find this to be highly convenient, and I never risk losing my contacts.  Even if I need a replacement device.

You'll find a lot of the services that dumbphones used are made irrelevant by the Droid.  Calendar access/Google calendar.  Another great example is ringtones.  You don't need to buy "ringtones", your Droid can simply take any mp3 file on the SD card and make it a ringtone.  You can take any music from your PC that isn't DRM'd and it'll work great on your phone.  This is great because on some other phones even if you already have a copy of a song that you want to make a ringtone, you would still have to "re-buy" the song as a ringtone.  Not so on Droid.  

0 Likes