data limits
jonphil86

My Samsung phone is being charged with data usage and I can't figure out whats using it can a note book piggy back off the fone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: data limits
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you using the hotspot feature on your phone? Have you looked at the data usage counter on the phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

bearone21
Legend

yes, see above post!!

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

You'd have to turn on hotpot on the phone and set up hotspot on the device. Did you do that?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That can be very alarming to see unexpected data usage on your phone, jonphil86. I am happy to assist. Devices that are internet capable such as laptops, tablets, or MP3 players can piggyback off your Samsung phone's data connection if the mobile hotspot feature is enabled. The mobile hotspot feature can be enabled through the settings of the device. What model of Samsung are you using? Also, where are you viewing the data usage?

Greg_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes