data usage
ms77998855

is there a way to see exactly what the data usage was? all i see on My Verizon is the amount of the usage. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: data usage
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Depending on which phone and which OS you have, you can go to Settings >> Data Usage >> and see which apps and phone operations are using the data and how much.  If your phone doesn't give you that info, there's probably an app that can give you a breakdown.

Here's a quick screen shot; it shows the mobile data breakdown; and I can check the wifi amounts too.  Plus I can specify a date range, week, month, etc.  It's helpful to see where I am using the data.  I have the Motorola Droid4 on JB 4.1.2 OS.Screenshot_2013-05-13-12-32-50.png

0 Likes
fc9875

i have an LG Lucid.  so if i use Instagram, it should be on there too.  does the My Verizon Mobile app give info also?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you use the MyVerizon app it could show up on the data usage when the phone logs data usage by the application.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

fc9875 wrote:

i have an LG Lucid.  so if i use Instagram, it should be on there too.  does the My Verizon Mobile app give info also?

The My Verizon app won't give you what each app uses like the built in data usage app on ICS. I find the data usage reporting on ICS very close to what the My Verizon app reports. I also have a Lucid. You just have to set the ICS data reporting to whatever you billing dates are since that it not automatically set like it is in the My Verizon app.

0 Likes
ms77998855

thanks suzyq and Ann.   What kind of activity falls under Google Services and Android OS?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

fc9875 wrote:

Yes, Instagram shows up in the list - the data amounts and apps are listed in decreasing order; the list scrolls quite a bit for me, and Instagram is there, as is the My Verizon app - depending on where and when you used it, it will be listed under wifi or mobile data; only mobile data is counted against your allowance.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

From what I can figure out, it is likely the built-in Google Apps or functions of the OS system.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

ms77998855 wrote:

thanks suzyq and Ann.   What kind of activity falls under Google Services and Android OS?

I don't know for sure; if you tap the individual apps, you get more info. Screenshot for Google services detail:

Screenshot_2013-05-14-08-23-23.png

ms77998855

yes, i think i need to download an app.  honestly, i pay a ton of money monthly to verizon. it bothers me they cant provide the itemized use of the data.

0 Likes