data usage
RICPHA56

why does my data utilization show a lot of data usage at 2 A.M.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: data usage
marcuss_vzw
Verizon Employee

RICPHA56, I would be concerned as well with seeing usage at a time that I'm not actively using my phone. I do want to bring some clarity to your concern, as well as figure out why that happened.

WiFi tends to idle or go into a power saving mode if it is not being used. If your data stays on through the night any application or software updates, notifications, and running apps can continuously use data. Also, we do not have a 6 hour delay in data reporting. Our data reports to My Verizon after a data session ends. So if you start using data at 10:00 PM and the application does not get closed until 2:00 AM you won't see the reporting until 2:00 AM.

100 MB is really not much data, but I understand you wanting to save as much as possible. Do you have WiFi at home? Do you keep your data turned on all day?

MarcusS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Define a lot of data.

also note that 2am is not the time data is used, it is between 2am and the next later time on the log That the data was used.

RICPHA56

100mb

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hey Weth on these New Galaxies do they suck Down a Belly full of Data in certain Areas like  the new LTE Area's)   I know on mine it says I have 86% Left I assume I've use most of it doing changes, Updates with Google.. this is my First Phone with out Unlimited Data..  Did I say that

I'll add the Doof that Set up my Plan put me First on 4 Gig plan &  No $10.00 a month on the contract,  I went to another Store got a Second opinion and was kicked up to 12 Gigs like I should have the first time and I got the phone for 10 a month and got a $ 40 Dollar refund back..

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

It is reporting usage from earlier.  Verizon has something around a 6 hour delay.  It's not unusual to see a regular reporting time.  ATT reports in 3 hour intervals at midnight, 3, 6 and 9 which is the previous days use.

rcschnoor
Legend

B33 wrote:

Hey Weth on these New Galaxies do they suck Down a Belly full of Data

My Galaxy S7 Edge does not use more data than any other phone I have used.

B33
Legend

Yea it could be.. Momma23 I'm using Wi-Fi pretty much but what may have let some Data slip by was when I Got it New I was learning all of the new  Gigits and Forgot to shut off the Mobile Data even though the Wifi was on..  As I mentioned before I wanted and specified to the Rep I wanted 12 Gigs he Gave me 4 but it was changed and I'm wandering if in changing it up I lost some the Data I should have...

Hey I wanted to Ask is the Site having Issues I wanted to Reply to you momma23 but I had to Reply to Very First post

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Actually to Clarify the Original Question.. is that how we have to Reply on here Now..

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

100mb

And what was the next time stamp after 2AM. That is the period the 100 mb was used.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

100 mb is 1/10 of a gig of data.  I don't consider it a lot of data.  If this is typical daily use it might add up to 3 gigs in a month. 

0 Likes