Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
dfndr is holding me hostage
medtran

how do I remove DFNDR from my Galaxy J3?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: dfndr is holding me hostage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
medtran
 Thank you for reaching out to us. My first suggestion is going to be a factory reset of the device. Make sure that Auto-restore is turned off and reset the device.
Second method:
  1. Frist of all, switch off the cell phone by pressing the Power button.
  2. Afterwards press and hold together: Volume Up + Home + Power key until you see Samsung logo.
  3. Then select from Recovery Mode menu "wipe data / factory reset" using Volume buttons to navigate and Power button to confirm.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
deloused
0 Likes
medtran

Already tried this. Did not work. It would not allow me to disable DFNDR  as a device administrator. That is why I was stuck. I had disabled accessibility earlier and tried to swipe the icon to the trash and it did not work. When I turned on accessibility, I swiped the icon  and it removed it - finally. Thanks for your recommendation. My next step was to email Psafe.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
medtran
 Thank you for reaching out to us. My first suggestion is going to be a factory reset of the device. Make sure that Auto-restore is turned off and reset the device.
Second method:
  1. Frist of all, switch off the cell phone by pressing the Power button.
  2. Afterwards press and hold together: Volume Up + Home + Power key until you see Samsung logo.
  3. Then select from Recovery Mode menu "wipe data / factory reset" using Volume buttons to navigate and Power button to confirm.
0 Likes