direct dial a phone number feature is gone
smileymike1
Enthusiast - Level 1

When my phone operating system updated last month the Direct Dial feature is gone. there is a widget for direct dial but it goes into contact list and I still cant just dial a Number...This really sucks the numbers I want to dial are not in my contact list. WTF

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: direct dial a phone number feature is gone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

smileymike1, Thank you for all of that information. I know being able to use widgets is really helpful, especially when you need to find a contact. Your phone has a Favorite Contacts widget that can be set up by the following steps: From your home screen, select your menu icon. From the onscreen pop up select Add and then select Widgets. You can then select Favorite Contacts and set up which numbers you would like to appear here.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

What phone do you have?  It seems odd that the phone dialpad is not accessible to you.  Is there a Phone app in your app drawer?  Can you add it to your home screen?

smileymike1
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone is System

98.72.189.XT894.Verizon.en.us

Model

Droid4

Android version 4.1.2

Build date 11:25,  2 November 2013

my phone worked great up till 3 weeks ago When the phone did a system update.

I do not dial out much maybe 3 or 4 time a month my phone usage as a "Phone" is almost zero.

So I did not miss the dialer  until I needed to make a call.

the only way I can make a phone call now is to go into my contact and create the contact to dial out then the dialer shows up

Also if someone calls and I do not answer and they leave a message then I can see the call Log and the dialer and i can then Dial out.

0 Likes
smileymike1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I forgot to mention there is a Dirtect Dial Widget as an App but that used to be the Dialer but now that app just opens the contact list no dialer

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

smileymike1, Thank you for all of that information. I know being able to use widgets is really helpful, especially when you need to find a contact. Your phone has a Favorite Contacts widget that can be set up by the following steps: From your home screen, select your menu icon. From the onscreen pop up select Add and then select Widgets. You can then select Favorite Contacts and set up which numbers you would like to appear here.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes