egift card - recipient unable to access/view
wickette17

I have a Droid Turbo 2 and I recently sent an egift card to a recipient who is not on the Verizon network (she's on Sprint).  She has not been able to access the egift card.  She is receiving a multimedia message, but it is blank.  I have also tried re-sending the egift card on multiple occasions, but she receives the same blank multimedia message.  The money I spent on the egift card has been taken out of my bank account, so at the moment, the money seems to be in limbo.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: egift card - recipient unable to access/view
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wickette17,

Hearing that you are having trouble sending this eGift card is concerning and we definitely want to help get this corrected for you. Do you know if the recipient is also having trouble receiving regular MMS mesages from you as well?

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
wickette17

I am able to send other MMS to the recipient and she is able to receive the

messages. She is only experiencing difficulty receiving the egift card.

On Feb 24, 2016 7:22 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
Sullywagon

I am having almost exactly the same problem. I have been resending the same Starbucks egift card from my Droid Turbo to a friend on Sprint and she doesn't receive it. I was able to forward her my confirmation message/MMS and she sees the image of the gift card but has never received the actual gift card. I'm out $10 so I'm not very happy.

0 Likes
wickette17

I finally figured out the problem and a way to fix it. The recipient needs to have Verizon Messages installed in order to get it!! She was able to find the app in the Google play store, she downloaded it, then I resent it and voila! She got it!!! Hope that helps 🙂

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can’t let this gift card go to waste, Sullywagon. When sending a egift, when everything is running smoothly, the recipient should receive a link. In your case, you stated that she/he does not get a notification at all. You may not have this detail, but what type of phone does the recipient have?

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!