email set up
nanners409
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just got a LG Enlighten and it won't let me set up my email. Keep getting can't connect to server,.  I have gmail there but don't like gmail, I want my own account.  Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: email set up
Not applicable

Zoom Internet may restrict their email accounts from being used unless the device is hooked up to their internet directly (meaning it won't work when connected to 3G). This may be the case because some internet providers do this, and you may need to contact Armstrong to see if they utilize this practice.

I did some research, and these settings below have worked for some users. It's not a guarantee, but you can give them a try.  If they are unsuccessful, a call to Armstrong may be needed.

Incoming Mail Server:

Host Name: pop3.zoominternet.net

Port: 110

Username: Your_username

Password: Your_pass

Outgoing:

Host Name: smtp.zoominternet.net

Port: 25

Password: Your_password

Give it a shot and let us know if it works for you.

Thanks,

MikeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

We'd be happy to help set up your email, but we need a bit more information. What email provider are you trying to use? Do you already have an existing email account, or are you trying to obtain one? By providing this information, we will be able to get you on a path to resolution. I look forward to your reply.

Thanks,

MikeS_VZW

0 Likes
nanners409
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using Armstrong's zoom email program. I have had this addy for about 10 yrs. It's

nanners313@zoominternet.net

I have followed the instructions to the letter, even the Verizon lady at the store couldn't get it to work.

Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Zoom Internet may restrict their email accounts from being used unless the device is hooked up to their internet directly (meaning it won't work when connected to 3G). This may be the case because some internet providers do this, and you may need to contact Armstrong to see if they utilize this practice.

I did some research, and these settings below have worked for some users. It's not a guarantee, but you can give them a try.  If they are unsuccessful, a call to Armstrong may be needed.

Incoming Mail Server:

Host Name: pop3.zoominternet.net

Port: 110

Password: Your_pass

Outgoing:

Host Name: smtp.zoominternet.net

Port: 25

Password: Your_password

Give it a shot and let us know if it works for you.

Thanks,

MikeS_VZW

0 Likes
nanners409
Enthusiast - Level 2

MIKE!! If I knew you, I'd give you a BIG hug!! Here's one anyway (((HUGS))

The port 25 worked like a dream!! I now have email on my Enlighten!!

Thanks SO much!!

Signed

Happy me!

0 Likes
Not applicable

I'm so glad that worked for you. They are a bit tricky sometimes, but at least you got it working. Thanks for the hugs and have a great day!

MikeS_VZW

0 Likes
JnDs

We already have an email address with sbcglobal.net

0 Likes
JnDs

We need help setting up email on our phone

we already have an email address

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes