enabling USB connection on Moto XT1650
willfriedwald

Samsung Moto 1650

Android system 7.1.1

a few months ago, I started getting the message: "device failed verification" whenever I would re-start the phone.

However, it seemed to work no differently, did not experience any other problems.

now, I have a problem, am trying to install the new upgrade of the moviePass app and I keep getting an error message that it will not work with this device.

I already called the app people and they have no idea what's going on.

I spent some time on the phone with Verizon, and they sent me a Mac app titled SOFTWARE UPGRADE ASSISTANT.  It's supposed to connect with the Moto device via a USB cable.

the first thing I need to do, apparently, is "choose 'software installation' as the USB mode."

but there's absolutely no info on how to do that!

according to to the Mac app, I also need to disable the "Android File Transfer" (AFT) option - any clue as to how to do that?

can anyone give me some instruction? I see that there are android USB drivers available in the play store, do I need to install one of these?

thanks for any help. (Even if I get this work, I still may need to get a new phone - rats! nuts!)

w

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: enabling USB connection on Moto XT1650
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Have you looked at the User Guide for the phone?

To transfer files, you need to specify the type of USB computer connection you want to use. Swipe the status bar down and tap USB for charging, then select the connection type:

Charging

File transfers (MTP)

Photo transfer (PTP)

MIDI

Tip: Make sure to connect the phone to a high power USB port. Typically, these are located directly on your computer.

Note: The first time you use a USB connection, your computer may indicate that drivers are being installed. Follow any prompts you see to complete the installation. This may take a few minutes.

For Microsoft® Windows®: On your computer, choose Start, then select Windows Explorer from your list of programs. In Windows Explorer, your phone will appear as a connected drive (mass storage device) where you can drag and drop files, or it will appear as an MTP or PTP device that lets you use Windows Media Player to transfer files. For more instructions or driver files, visit www.motorola.com/support.

For Apple™ Macintosh™: Use Android File Transfer,available at www.android.com/filetransfer.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Samsung doesn't make the Moto phones. Motorola/Lenovo does.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Willfriedwald, we always want to make sure your device is working up to par. From the details that you’ve provided, it sounds like you’re looking to use the software upgrade assistant to help repair any glitches in the device that may be causing an issue with your moviePass application.  Just to make sure that we’re both on the same page, have you had any issues installing or updating any of your other apps? Also, have you been able to install the software tool onto your Mac thus far? If not, you can view the detailed instructions here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-116673/#macintosh to help do so. Once the software tool is installed, and you have your device connected via USB, can you describe what you see in the notification bar of your phone?

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

willfriedwald, being able to use the latest version of the MoviePass app on your phone is important. I will be glad to provide my assistance. The Software Upgrade Assistant only updates the operating system software on the phone in the event an Over-the-Air (OTA) software update fails. The Software Upgrade Assistant will not update the individual apps on your phone. Have you tried deleting the MoviePass app from your phone, and reinstalling it again? https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/2521768?hl=en. In addition, are you able to download and install updates for the other apps on your phone?

LorenzoP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes