galaxy note pro 12.2
rbbc1

Android 4.4.2 KOT49H.P905VVRUANE4 OTA update causes the tablet to randomly restart.  Tablet was working fine prior to OTA update.  I have 2 tablets that have the same identical problem.  Is anyone having this issue? How did you resolve it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: galaxy note pro 12.2
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn that you are experiencing service issues after software update rbbc1! Some system files may conflict after a software update and cause issues like the ones outlined in your post. Please do a Hard Reset http://vz.to/1pBAeP5 as this process resolve most post software update issues. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: galaxy note pro 12.2
rbbc1

Thanks for the suggestion. 

I was trying to avoid doing that only as a last resort.  After a tedious backup task, i performed the factory reset and my Note Pro 12.2 is now working properly with no more random restarts.

Please ensure that any future OTA updates don't leave behind any "orphaned elements" from the prior version that will interfere with the new update and create random restarts, as occurred in this case.

The good news is that my excellent tablet is now back to being productive, with no more random restarts.

0 Likes